John Fogerty - New Release June 13

Steve_L

The Long Road Home is supposed to release June 13th.

If you're like me, this is an automatic "pre-order".

Fogerty was another one of the backdrop poets of my errant youth, as I struggled through my high school and college years 64 through 71.. Run Through the Jungle (the Vietnam song made famous by the helicoptor scenes in Forrest Gump), Fortunate Son, another political anthem, Proud Mary, Ooby Dooby, Who'll Stop the Rain and many others.

Okay, so he already has one great DVD in the can with Premonition. Premonition is great, but I expect this one to be even better.

Nice to see some good new stuff coming out!

Rock on and ride safe!!

3.jpg

I just got this in the mail the other day... and the wife was at work, and I was all alone and on vacation.. so I needed a little Regulation Motorcycle Music after being up at bike week in Lacania NH today.

So I put it in the DVD player and cranked it up.

It's a really LIVE concert at the Wilbur Theater in LA. Different that his previous Pemonition (which I believe is out of print, I had to buy it used on Amazon) in that this not a studio set with a number of top-of-the-class studio musicians and asmall audience in a very controlled environment. AKA HFO... This is a live concert, just Fogerty and his working road band, and a big audience and fairly small stage.

It's great!

Fogerty is all cranked up and jumping all over the stage. The other musicians are excellent as well, but don't overpower John Fogerty.

He plays all his best stuff and the concert is a couple hour long.

To be honest, I liked his other one better for the craftsmanship of the mucisians, but this one has more feeling and is a better CRANK IT UP feel to it.

The video on this one is full screen and the cameras don't jump around too much. Add this one to your list if you are JF fan. Otherwise, get Peremonition if you can and start there.