Tube Amp for my KG4's

Help! I'm trying to decide what tube amp to purchase for my KG4's, and my budget is small (around a grand or so). Any suggestions? I've been looking at some Chinese KT88's on Ebay, just not sure of the quality. I am familiar with the Dynaco product- I used to have a Mark III mono amp to drive my sub, but now I have my SW10 and didn't need it so I sold it. I really like the Dynaco ST70 amp and preamp for around $700.00. I would love a McIntosh, but with a preamp I think I would be over my budget. I sold my Belle's when I moved to a smaller home, and would love to get back into a tube amp. I listen to all kinds of music, mainly classic rock and some jazz-lots of Donald Fagen. Nothin' like Steely Dan thru my Klipsch...

Kevin

2 sets of early 80's KG4's, SW10 sub, RC-7 Center, KG1.5 surrounds

I am VERY happy with my EICO HF-81 (1959 vintage and unmolested)...there are several integrateds that would work VERY well with your KG4s and keep you on a budget...I also am lucky enough to have a pair of Craig's VRDs...they SING through PWK K'Horns (well he original design, not his personal ones...[;)])

Stick around here long enough and you will buy LOTS of gear!

Enjoy,

Bill

Thanks Bill

There's an Eico ST40 integrated amp I can get for $350.00 and it's all original and very clean- are you familiar with that model? I'm not familiar with Eico product, but will look into it. I've been a Klipsch guy since the late 70's and look forward to being a forum member.

Kevin

ooops, seadog is correct...the EICO I have is "only" a whopping 14wpc but does crank with either my Heresys (@96dB but moved to rear speaker duty in the Heritage HT) or the Quartets (@97.5dB)...YMMV...these other recommendations are also great as will be Fisher...do some searches here and find a LOT of threads on these great amps...

For EICO...Kelly Holsten/mobilehomeless' great site is a wealth of information and is manytimes credited with starting the EICO HF-81 resurrection...

http://home.earthlink.net/~eico_hf81/index.htm

ENJOY...after receiving this link and seeing Daddy Dee with an EICO for sale on this forum...I bit and have been very happy since...in fact, I think my SS gear for 2 channel may be gone with the EICO and Craig's VRDs taking up the flag...

Enjoy,

Bill