new Energy s10.2

CaptainPicard

Did someone try the new Energy sub s10.2?

How is it compared to the e:xl-s10?

It's so much more beautiful than the s10 (i know that sound matters first but if the 10.2 is better, then it's all for the best!) What i ask myself is about the quality of the bass. I mean the speaker is very near the side of the sub. I read somewhere that the best place for the speaker placement in a cabinet is in the center. But i trust that Energy made their tests and calculations to provide the best bass... But i wonder all the same... And the s10.2 is 10 lbs lighter than the s10! And bigger!! It's not yet in the store (back order i think...) but if the s10.2 is really better, i'll wait a bit. Else, i could just buy directly the e:xl-s12 (which is ordinary looking but a lot of people tell me that it's very good and go down to 20Hz.)

cwm12.gif

------------------

Engage...

I dont know about the newest Energy subs,all I can tell you its you will not get a true 20Hz(with a good output).

Tried some Energy subs,even the monster Energy with the 18" driver and 400W RMS amp and this brute was weak at 20Hz(weak compared to a Velo HGS18).

The Energy subs are very solid down to 25Hz(as most subs are).

TheEAR(s) Now theears

In fact, i'm trying to decide between the Energy s10.2 and xl-s12 ; there is just 150$CAD (100$USD) more to pass from a s10.2 to a xl-s12... I try to decide if 100$USD is well paid to lower the response from 23Hz to 20Hz, add a phase control and double the magnet weight... I'm beginning to think that the xl-s12 would be better. Even if my room is 12' by 14'...

Why am i insisting on Energy? Because the only good brands sold by the stores nearby (at Cap-de-la-Madeleine, Quebec, Canada) are Klipsch and Energy (for my price range.) Klipsch were wonderful from what i heard but the fact is that i have so much sound reflective surfaces in my HT room so i fear that the Klipsch would be too harsh. And the sound from the Klipsch sub (ksw-12) seemed less powerful that that of the Energy (xl-s12.) Perhaps the demo in the store was not properly installed... Perhaps not. I don't know ; it's just that my intuition is driving me toward a complete Energy speaker set...

------------------

Engage...

CaptainPicard,

I for one know Energy subs have better built quality then the Klipsch KSW series.I did audition some 10 and 12" Energy and they all sounded convincing in the lows.

I like the gloss finish of the higher end Energy subs,very nice.

Get the more expensive sub,you will not regret the purchase.A good sub will not go out of style anytime soon.

TheEAR(s) Now theears

Energy is the younger brother of Mirage..

Mirage makes Klipsch look like Radio Shack speakers.

Energy is far superior to any series Klipsch sub.

Face it Klipsch has become a Monster Cable supporter???!!!!???

At some point we all realize money is better than any hobby.

DEAM-what i'm saying is i wouldn't p**s on you if you were on fire.

------------------

1-pair klf 30's

c-7 center

ksps-6 surrounds

sony strda-777ES receiver upgraded to v.2.02 including virtual matrix 6.1

sony playstation 2

dishnetwork model 7200 dishplayer satellite receiver/digital bitstream recorder

pioneer dvd player

sharp 32"tv and sharp xv-z1u lcd projector

panamax max dbs+5 surge protector/power conditioner

monster cable interconnects/12 gua.speaker wire

a 'teens' sub coming!(RSW-15 LOOKIN'GOOD!)

KLIPSCH-So Good It Hz!

Avman,

You should be a stand up comedian

"DEAM-what i'm saying is i wouldn't p**s on you if you were on fire."

cwm12.gif

This was good

LOL

Now DEAM, Energy and Mirage are Rat Shack speakers compared to Dynaudio.For music and movies the Dynes slaughter your Mirages and Energy speakers.

Energy and Mirage tweeters are crude harsh metallic mass market compared to Dynaudio Esotec and Esotar units.And dont even throw at me the Energy Veritas or the reference Mirage OM-1 or I will take out the best speaker in the world the Dynaudio Evidence and slice your hype to pieces.

Bring Mirage,Energy and other API mass market on.

cwm27.gif

TheEAR(s) Now theears

I just watched prices of dynaudio speakers in www.audioreview.com... Yes they are certainly excellent speakers but this is another category... This veryhi-fi... Also, Ears, I think Energy is in the beginning of the hi-fi market (or the very best of mass market?? anyway, that's a subjective idea...) My choice is almost certain now ; the store is in renovations until wednesday but then i will listen to 2 systems to finalize my purchase. The receiver will be Denon 1802. DVDrv31k dvd player panasonic. Now the speakers :

1st choice : Energy xl-26 (front), xl-16 (rear), xl-c2 (center) and xl-s12 (sub)

Price made for me : 3200$CAD(2000$USD)

2nd choice : Klipsch sf-2 (front), sc-1 (center), ss-1 (surrounds) and ksw-12? or energy xl-s12...

I would not mind buying a velo HGS-18 sub with Dynaudio Evidence but i don't have 100000$... yet...

------------------

Engage...

Oh!!!!

Now starts the pissing contest....no problem I have a long and strong piss rocket.

If you are saying Dynaudio is better than JM labs Utopia you are a real Klipsch guy!!!

That means you also like a PA system for home use because that is what Klipsch sounds like.

I guess you also have Monster cable to "improve imaging and staging" (hahahahaha)

Lets not even get into Wilson Audio yet.

PS-- I am AVMAN!!! Call me if you want a deal on any line we carry... www.noav.com

Including: Sony ES and Klipsch which I make a fortune on selling to guys like you......

and if you guys need some legitimate help from someone who knows about a/v gear, rather than smart-*** answers from a jerk like deam...post'em-and consider the source.avman.

------------------

1-pair klf 30's

c-7 center

ksps-6 surrounds

sony strda-777ES receiver upgraded to v.2.02 including virtual matrix 6.1

sony playstation 2

dishnetwork model 7200 dishplayer satellite receiver/digital bitstream recorder

pioneer dvd player

sharp 32"tv and sharp xv-z1u lcd projector

panamax max dbs+5 surge protector/power conditioner

monster cable interconnects/12 gua.speaker wire

a 'teens' sub coming!(RSW-15 LOOKIN'GOOD!)

KLIPSCH-So Good It Hz!