Stealth

m00n

Watched Stealth last night. If you can just buy into it and accept that some of it is far fetched and not take this as a serious true to life movie, it's a VERY good movie, fun to watch with a very good DTS track.

If you don't buy it, at least rent it. Me? I'm gonna buy it.

Weeeeell...

If you ever do watch the movie, you will find out that the AI in the aircraft is not evil per-say. He just does not want to avert from his missions. He learns to disobay orders from the teams commander.

Ya just have to buy into like most movies. CMon now. [;)]

one thing that really discouraged me was the whole name "Stealth" please..... stealth is not all that new of a technology and can be easily beaten. Also there is no real stealth "fighter" that is designed to be a real fighter, the f22 is the closest using radar reducing designs but still visible. Heh anyone that owns a historical plane that is made out of spruce wood is technically a stealth plane too.....

You know there is a funny story about radar guns police use and military planes in NJ (ok way off topic) but the nation guard has a airport base in NJ along the coast as a coastal guard and the pilots would always get locked on by missle warnings. It was from the police using radar guns on the parkway to catch speeders. Radar is mostly omni directional and will stray off and military planes can detect when it is locked on by listening to any radar waves. Missles lock onto planes using one method by finding how fast they are going and what direct. Others use thermal sensors, others use visuals sights. etc.

Who cares about the name of the movie. I saw the previews, it was a movie about planes, made sense to me.

I've never really seen the whole movie. I saw it at the Drive-In, and my battery died, so I had to listen through other peoples systems, which sucked. Then I got the DVD, and got too tired to finish the movie, and just never came back to it.

Who cares about the name of the movie. I saw the previews, it was a movie about planes, made sense to me.

I've never really seen the whole movie. I saw it at the Drive-In, and my battery died, so I had to listen through other peoples systems, which sucked. Then I got the DVD, and got too tired to finish the movie, and just never came back to it.

Kinda like putting a bose nameplate on the khorns scenario cause all speakers are speakers right?

I guess, but you are still listening to a Khorn, even if it has a Bose nameplate on it.

I see how people who are into planes might be bothered by that, but me, I heard the name, I got it, and never gave it a second thought.

I have people come into my eyeglass store, and say they are "legally blind" without their glasses. I don't say anything, but it bothers me, knowing that there is no such thing. You are either legally blind or you are not. If your vision can be corrected, you are not legally blind. Probably wouldn't bother most people, but it does me. I just let it go, though.

I watched the movie this morning and it was ok. Just some things are blatant like the whole human feeling will always win over machines and so.

Some parts that are just weird:

They went from Turkministan (sp) I believe and they are over North Korea, WTF is up with that? What happened to China.

The ending, yeah so we ignore that we just declared war on Russia, North Korea, Turkmensistan, Mygmar, and Pakistan.

They just radiated Pakistan and yet....

We entered Russian airspace and yet only three jets actively pursued and no war was declared....... I think they would be really pissed by then

In that movie it just seemed that we can go into anybody's airspace and they had to suck it up. And the ending seemed like it ignored all these and just was made last minute but it was an ok movie to watch.

oh yeah umm when they were at the DMZ how the heck did they just walk through it? there is 13 miles of over 10 million landmines.... But the movie ignores that

FOR GAWDS SAKE JAY.... IT'S A MOVIE!

It's not real, it was not meant to be real, it's not trying to be real. It's simply trying to provide entertainment. It's not a scientific documentry. Lighten up and enjoy the roses man.