Custom ALK's for sale with Marble and Brass bases

I'm selling my custom made ALK's. These are the original version of AL's ALK Type A's built with Hovland's and Fascaps. The only difference between these and the original design is that I replaced the 39 uF + 1 uF section with two 20 uFs at Al's advice. He now does this in all of his Type A's.

As you all know, these work on K Horns, Belles and La Scalas. I have used them with great results on both K Horns and Belles. The squaker is adjustable by changing taps on the transformer. I used a barrier strip on these on the bottom so all that is involved is moving a wire. Everything is labeled and very easy to do. The inputs and outputs use Bananna or raw wire. I reccomend Bananna connectors as it is very smooth looking.

I fabricated the bases out of 1/2" plywood, marble and brass. The tops and brass plates were designed in AutoCad and fabricated on a $500,000 Ingersol Rand CNC waterjet. You are looking at well over the asking price in CNC work alone, the parts to make these also equals the asking price.

My price is a ridiculously low $550. I can ship but prefer local pickup as these things are really heavy. I am in southern Nevada and very close to Southern California, Arizona and Utah.

Chris

Other items for sale

Walnut Oil Belles - Mint

Walnut Oil Heresys - Mint

HBR Heresys - Rough

Clear Oak Academy - near mint (I need to add a coat of urethane and they will be as new)

Dyna SCA 35 integrated Tube amp with MM and MC Phono - unrestored and mint

Denon AVR 5800 - mint

Amazing looking. I don't remember seeing the back and bottom pictures before.

So you cut these with water?

They are actually cut with Garnet suspended in a high pressure stream of water at 60,000 psi from a 50 hp intensifier. This is some really serious equipment! He also has a 75 hp waterjet and is looking to pick up a 150 hp model that can suplly two machines at once. Needless to say this is all 480 volt stuff.

You draw what you want in AutoCAD, then encode it in NC Autocode and the machine follows the path set by NC. The Computer Navigated Control part is the same technology used in high dollar routers for wood work. The machines are about 12' wide by 24' long each.

I made the dining room table that they are sitting on too.

What a fantastic job! I will have to dig into the archives again, because I will never get it. Universal Type A. Is that Extreme Slope, Gentle Slope or is it the kind of modified network that Dean makes nowadays? There must be a simple way to distinguish between the three four networks by these good men, but my brain just won't store it. Anyway, shipping to the Netherlands would be pricey I guess? Thanks for the nice pics! Tim.

One of the things I like best about the trend towards tube equipment is the desire to put tubes out front and put them on display, rather than hide them in a box. I hope the next trend will be to incorporate the high-quality look and feel of the controls and displays of some of the better equipment of the 1970's and 1980's like Marantz with openly displayed tubes. As we can see, even crossovers can be packaged in a way that allows them to be put on display rather than hidden in the back of the box.

I'm selling my custom made ALK's.  These are the original version of AL's ALK Type A's built with Hovland's and Fascaps.  The only difference between these and the original design is that I replaced the 39 uF + 1 uF section with two 20 uFs at Al's advice.  He now does this in all of his Type A's. 

As you all know, these work on K Horns, Belles and La Scalas.  I have used them with great results on both K Horns and Belles.  The squaker is adjustable by changing taps on the transformer.  I used a barrier strip on these on the bottom so all that is involved is moving a wire.  Everything is labeled and very easy to do.  The inputs and outputs use Bananna or raw wire.  I reccomend Bananna connectors as it is very smooth looking.

I fabricated the bases out of 1/2" plywood, marble and brass.  The tops and brass plates were designed in AutoCad and fabricated on a $500,000 Ingersol Rand CNC waterjet.  You are looking at well over the asking price in CNC work alone, the parts to make these also equals the asking price. 

My price is a ridiculously low $550.  I can ship but prefer local pickup as these things are really heavy.  I am in southern Nevada and very close to Southern California, Arizona and Utah.

Chris

Other items for sale

Walnut Oil Belles - Mint

Walnut Oil Heresys - Mint

HBR Heresys - Rough

Clear Oak Academy - near mint (I need to add a coat of urethane and they will be as new)

Dyna SCA 35 integrated Tube amp with MM and MC Phono - unrestored and mint

Denon AVR 5800 - mint

I sent you an email with some follow up questions.