Spikes for subs

soundog

Spikes will not enhance performance on most subs,the SVS for example with its rivers facing downwards will not benefir much(if at all)from spikes.

Spikes will(could if installed)help subs like the Velodyne HGS and SPL series,Sunfire and other subs where the driver is installed on the sied.

WHY

With spikes the sub will not move back and forth(often noticed when very large cone movements on some subs,like the HGS,SPL and Sunfire subs).

Some call this the sub dance.Yes even 60 lbs compact cubes can move on the floor.

Again spikes will help some designs and in others they are mostly for better stability or/and looks.

TheEAR(s) Now theears

• 4 weeks later...

Well the results are in. After receiving the spikes from Klipsch's Parts Dept., I built a stand out of MDF (21 in. high, 4 sides, no top or bottom), installed the spikes on the stand and then put my Velo (front firing) on top of the stand. (I had to build the stand because of the sub being in a corner at a 45-degree angle facing outward, and it's close proximety to a couch. I wanted to get it "up out of the hole".) After playing both bass-laden movies and music I couldn't really detect any enhancement other than I had to turn the volume down on my sub. Now the sub doesn't have the sonic interference from the couch. More of an exercise in woodworking. But, hey, I like the results.

ROCK ON!