What's the value of a gently-used pair of KSB 3.1?

Hi all, I have a guy in my local market selling a pair of KSB 3.1s. He wants $150 for them, which I initially balked at. He's had them listed as "for sale" for some time now so I doubt he's getting much interest. I was going to try to lowball at first and haggle him down from $150 a little, but I'm wondering how much the KSBs are worth. I don't want to use them for my main stereo, they would be for the kitchen or sun porch or something. Anyone have any experience?

Thanks!

That's a pretty fair deal, especially for you. Being local, would you be able to audition it prior to the actual purchase?

But on the the other hand, would you be able to utilize a center and sub in either of those locations? [*-)]

Welcome to the forum PunctualAlex.

I have a 7.1 system I am contemplating selling that has the KSB 3.1's as mains. IMO, $150 would be a great price and less than 60% off of what they cost new. They appear to more than hold their own (at least on paper) as the Synergy B-3 bookshelf speakers in bestbuy today at $330 a pair. [:)]

I have four pair of the little KSB1.1's and love their sound. I paid initially $115 per pair when they were on closeout, then later $50 per pair from Ebay. I'd say $150 for good condition KSB3.1's is a great deal.

This series isn't as efficient (loud) as many Klispch, but has a very full sound for such a tiny cabinet.

Michael