Any interest in a 3 KLF-20 and 4 KLF-C7 7.0 system?

Snails_Pace

An impending move, smaller home, and new daughter on the way are just some of the things we're having to contend with as we start boxing up our new belongings. The long and short of it is that I won't have room for my current Lengend-based HT in our new home.

I currently have 2 immaculate black KLF-20s and a third KLF-20 that has been custom modded horizontally for a killer center channel (you can see a few pictures of the results on the board here). I have also been using four black KLF-C7s on vertical stands as my rear and side surrounds--they have not been modded at all. I have boxes and docs for all speakers but the modded center. I was considering breaking up the set and selling the pieces off on eBay...but was also curious before I did anything if anyone here on the board might be interested in the whole thing for a ready-made Lenged-based HT. Just fishing for a nibble or two before we make up our minds one way or another...

I know of some guys using RC7 for surrounds. I bet you could make out better selling your KLFC7s individually though. And if you can hold off, prices seem very depressed right now and will probably pick up towards the holidays. Not many people indulging in HT during the summer months.

Michael

I wish you were to closer to South Carolina. How do you like the C7's as surrounds? I'm currently using Forte II's with KLF 30's as my mains.

In a larger room with a smaller seating area, I've LOVED them. I've commented before that I personally feel the WDST type surround speakers are great if you really need to give everyone in the listening room a sense of spacious surround so that seating position won't matter...but since we have only one couch to listen from, that was never an issue. That being the case, the C7s are fantastic for music and with the THX engaged on the 5803, the "problem" of being able to localize rear surrounds from direct radiating speakers seems to melt away.

@Krew--check your PM