Oh Nooooo!!!!

Canisdormit

Here's what happened:

I listened to music (on my pc) with my klipsch 4.1 system, everything's working great. I go eat dinner. I return to find that my speakers won't even turn on when plugged in, and absolutely will not play.

What the hell is wrong with it? I don't even know where to begin to get this problem solved. Yes, I looked in the troubleshooting section of the booklet and it didn't have anything on what to do if the damn speakers won't even turn on.

so ther eis not light on the on the control pod? did you make sure that the control pod is pushed firmly into the back of the sub box? email amy with the link below. sorry for the bad luck! how old is your set?

------------------

-justin

I am an amateur, if it is professional help you want email Amy or call her toll free @ 1-888-554-5665

I checked every wire there was, everything's connected correctly. The LED doesn't come on, and there is no audio "hiss" to indicate that the speakers are on (plus, there's no sound comming from them whenever the pc is on).

My 4.1s were purchased in Dec. 2 years ago. So far they've worked flawlessly. Now, all of a sudden, they've gone completely silent!

Ugh! Your one year warranty is certainly over!cwm14.gif What you could do is go to the dealer search from the Klipsch website and find a dealer nearby that might fix your set... might not be cost effective. what you could also do is TRY to sell the set for parts on eBay... not likely though. you could get a new set of 4.1's or you could save about $130+ and buy a set of LogiTech Z560's. They are as good as the Pro's and you will not hurt as much, in the wallet at least! Email Amy and see if she has any ideas... sometimes ppl have said it was a blown fuse or a cable that was loose inside, they opened it up and fixed it.

------------------

-justin

I am an amateur, if it is professional help you want email Amy or call her toll free @ 1-888-554-5665

eh...this isnt too much of a prob, if you only need a new Control pod, contact amy, youll see all her iinfo on justn's Sig, then you can ask her for a new one...if not, i tihnk i have one laying around that i was gonna disect, id love to donate it to you Smile.gif

------------------

LAKERS SEASON BEGINS!

are you fools ready to be dominated?

I SAID SHUT UP, Action! I'll show you Mr. "i go to the best public university"

it would more than likely not be just the control pod. if the control pod is pugged in firmly then that almost ruesl it out (there could theorecticaly be a loose wire inside that deters a full circuit). If it is not the control pod then it is certainly the ampcwm6.gif and could be the power cord from the wall to the sub, somewhere there could be a short or just in soldered inside the sub cabinet. email amy or DanF before doing anything though.

------------------

-justin

Well, I turned it all on this morning, and my speakers worked fine for a full 30 mins. Then I turned everything off and ate breakfast. I came back, turned everything on again, and this time the speakers wouldn't turn on again. So, I'm almost positive that the problem is a lose wire of some kind in the amp. I think I'll take it apart and try to fix it.

don't worry about voiding the warranty, it is allready expired.

how are you turning the speakers off? a sure protecter, power strip, the on off button, unplugging... you do not really need to do any of these because the speakers go into low pwer consumtin mode after long periods of no sound.

------------------

-justin

as long as it is not painfuly hot, so hot that you can not leave you hand on it for a few seconds, then it should be ok. one tip is to keep air space around it, not flush against a wall.

------------------

-justin