Did I get a good Deal?

starflyer59

I am now an official Klipsch owner. I went into a pawnshop the other day and found some Klipsch speakers in mint condition for $85.

There were two KSB1.1's

and a

KSF - C5 Center channel speaker.

I replaced some onkyo speakers that I have been using and noticed a huge difference right away.

Right now i am using the ksb1.1's for front speakers. is that ok?

I have a Pioneer 5.1 receiver, 100w per channel.

woo hooo welcome to the madness!

Those are a great starter setup. Be careful not to crank the little 1.1's too loud and they will serve as great little surround one day. That's a good price the 1.1's were $115 EACH when new. I've seen the pair used for $50, so you did very well. That KSF center is nice also.

Michael

Welcome to the Forum StarFlyer59.

IMHO, that KSF-C5 is worth the $85 alone. It may be semi-overwhelming with the KSB 1.1's but if you adjust the gain down, should work fine until you upgrade and move the KsB 1.1's to surround duty.

I used the KSF-C5 as my first center channel, along with the KSB 3.1's as mains and I swore that would be the last Home Theater I would ever own. Check out the Lobby scene in The Matrix on that bad boy and stand back. [:o]

Congratulations for opening the door to sonic bliss. [:)]

Wow! Thanks for all the welcomes.

I bought my onkyos about 3 years ago and never thought they sounded like they should. They are just not loud enough me free. You would really have to crank it up to hear the voices out of the center channel.

When I hooked the KSF-C5 the other night. There were sounds and voices like I had never heard before. The Klipsch gives a whole new feel to movies. I can actually hear the voices and sounds that I had never heard in a movie before.

I am still using the 250w Onkyo Subwoofer until I can upgrade to a Klipsch subwoofer. I need some main front speakers and then move the 1.1's to the rear.

I have been looking into moving up to a 7.1 receiver. I really like the yamaha receivers.

I am new to all this home theater stuff and some of the terms and features blow me away.

Congrats on the score - the KSB's are a fun little speaker.

If you're looking to upgrade in the future, then be sure to stick around and ask questions and search through old threads. There are a lot of helpful/knowledgeable people around here.