Plywood thickness for K-Horns

Erland

Thank you very much for your input.

No more "nitpicking" about this one then....

Regarding the tweeters, As I consider myselfes more of a craftsman than a business man, I think I will take the time grind the plywood to completely flush mount them.....

Erland,

Good luck with your project. Please keep us informed regarding your progress and results. Pictures are always welcomed.

I sure will. My plan is to document the progress with pictures and post the story when it get finnished. But, you know, I may run into some new things to wander about before I get even close to finnish.

Anyway, for buildig my first set of K-horn I rather thake the time to do it right and avoiding mistakes (and my RF5 sounds pretty good in my ears) , so I go step by step and try to think through what I am doing. I have assembeled a lot of parts, like the K33E woofers, K55V squakers, the Bob Crites tweeter C125, and Al K's Trachorns on its way. I have startet to assemble parts and build Al K'd ES400 crossover, but at the moment I need to slow down spend less money on parts and rather focus on the basshorns.

Hopefully I will have my new K-horns finnished before christmas.

Thanks for solving the "flush" riddle of the tweeter mount. I often wondered about that, having this engineered logrithmic horn shape end into the "duh" wood cut hole. My logic circuits cannot fathom this except to catalog it as an acoustic anomalie.

JJK

Thanks for solving the "flush" riddle of the tweeter mount. I often wondered about that, having this engineered logrithmic horn shape end into the "duh" wood cut hole. My logic circuits cannot fathom this except to catalog it as an acoustic anomalie.

JJK

Its so many iteresting issues when you start to DIY. Sometimes you exspect things you find in the pro manufactorers products for the best solution, but when investigating it closely, you find that the chosen solution is based on a comercial aspect rather than a audible one.

I got another one for you;

If you read books and articles written by different "gurus" in the past, you will find that several of them states that the ideal arrangement of horns in a system is with the DRIVERS alligned. In big horn systems for theatre ea that was how they avoided the "eccho effect" that they struggled with in the beginning when they placed the horn "mouth" aligned"

So how would you do that with å folded horn?

Place the squaker and tweeter in the backyard:) ? (Just kidding)

I guess here the crossover also plays a role, but when studying all this, I really understand what a genious PWK was.