la scala's

gigbyt

gigbyt

If you have a direct email address for the seller, can you send my email address to it and let them know I am intrested in quick buy and a fast pickup.

I'll PM you my email address.

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I just sent an "I want to buy" email to the email address indicated at the site.

At this price, I can't pass them up.

I'm off thursday and friday, and if they still are available, will pickup this week.

Cool! Now I can stop thinking about them.Good Luck!

Larry

Somebody local go buy them and drag them down to Baltimore and I will give you $700 for them.[:D]

Dang! That would have paid for a bunch of gas come October.

Larry

Or a truck load of Supreme LPs [;)] Got them today, Larry. Thanks a lot.

I think the 400-ish ebay Lascalas inVa. Beach might have been a better deal.

speakers are here.http://boston.craigslist.org/msg/182671718.html

ive decided not to buy them, my living room is only 16.5x15.

these would be overkill right now.

where can i get some rf-3 or rf-5 cheap?

For what it is worth, I have been in contact with Luke (the seller) since Sunday afternoon (July 16) regarding this pair of speakers and when he finally got back to me today during our telephone conversation this afternoon (Wednesday) I learned that these are a pair of 1978 cabinets that are almost beat to death (okay for my use hidden in a wall) that have a mismatched drivers and who knows what else due to living the rough life of a rock star.

We are obviously fighting the forum tide here, which typically happens when someone say "hey check this out a @list or ebay.

The seller has the expectation that everyone who has been sending emails are on the way to his house with cash. So he up the price.

But on the flip side, we are getting to the truthful condition of the speakers which should lower the asking price. Beater LS with mismatched drivers aren't worth even $500. I've paid $750 for very nice one owner beautifuly stained LSBR's. Paid $400 per pair for repairable beaters with mostly good drivers also.