want to keep kg4 for Home Theater

mabcim

Mark - You're in good company here. There are several of us who have built HTs around our beloved KG4s. Search the bulletin board using KG4 as the keyword and I think you'll find some interesting reading.

For center, you're probably best off finding a used center channel as the new ones are not voiced as closely to the KG4 as some of the older ones. Posters here have KV-2, KV-3, Academy, and KG1.2v's as center speakers with KG4s. You can find more about them on the main Klipsch page under Home Audio / Classic. (BTW, I'll be selling my black KV-3 soon as I no longer use my KG4s for main HT speakers.)

I used SS-1s for surrounds - they are part of the current Synergy line up. I think others may have used KG1/2s for surrounds, but that is a different style - direct radiating versus wide dispersion.

You'll love the KG4s for HT - they deliver the goods!

Doug

Doug,

Thanks for the info.

If the KG4s are so good, why are you changing them?

I currently have a Denon DRA1025R (125watts per). I looking at the DRV-2802, but not sure if its 90w is good enough. At least the 2802 is discrete, but I can't find anything that says whether the 1025 is or not.

Mark

mabcim,

If you are looking for a pair of ss-1's I have a new set that I bought from a dealer this past saturday for 280.00 plus tax. I need to sell them beacuse my wife hates them and said they have to go. I will sell for 275.00 and split shipping with you. They are black and still carry the 5 year warr.

------------------

My HTS:

MAINS: RF-3's

CENTER: KSC-C1

REAR: SS-1's

SUB: KSW-12

TV: TOSHIBA THEATER VIEW 50"

RECEIVER:KENWOOD VR-4080B

DVD: SONY S-360 DVD PLAYER

monster cable interconnects/12 gua.speaker wire

Thanks for the offer on the ss-1s.

I haven't been to the store yet to check out rears. My wife has already expressed concerns over the looks of speakers hanging on the wall. So since I have to get her input, it may be a while before I decide what to get.

Sorry to hear you got stuck.

Mark - Changing out the KG4s because someone gave me this terrific set of little white cubes -- maybe you've heard of them -- that promise to provide a roomful of sound. I figured what the hey -- NOT!!

No, my wife upgraded me to Forte's and then I upgraded from there to Chorus's. The KG4s are in service in the living room in stereo mode. The Chorus are in the HT. While the KG4s are great in their own right, the Forte's trumped them, as did the Chorus.

Doug

------------------

Denon AVR-3300

Acurus A200x3

NAD 7155 Receiver Pioneer PD-F19 CD Changer

Sony CDP-C8ESD CD Changer

Denon 3000 DVD

Toshiba M784 VCR

B&O Beogram 1800 TT

Klipsch Chorus

Klipsch KV-3 Center

Klipsch SS-1 Surround