Forte vs quartet which is better?

gsp

I am going to ASSUME you are comparing a Forte II and a Quartet (same midrange squawkers)??? They sound remarkably similar IF you raise the Quartet's Base up 6" off the ground or so; they are just TOO short. This MAY be just me, or completely in my head, but I have always felt that the K76 tweeter (same as Heresy II and Academy) was a bit shrill head on. I don't find the same with the K75 (Forte) or K79(Chorus) which are the same horn with larger magnet structures... so take it for what it is worth. The Quartet is definitely limited by the size of the room you are trying to fill. It does fine if the room isn't too big.

these are interesting (to me) observations...I really enjoy my Quartets and find they have no problem filling any of the rooms at my house they have been in (just like my Heresys don't struggle with this) but I have never heard the Forte' (or II) or Chorus (or II)...I had heard kg4s and didn't care for them preferring Heresy IIs in 1989 (my big brother was buying and bought the Heresy IIs and I ended up with kg2s)...I thought the Quartet/Forte'/Chorus would be similar to the kg4 and never gave them a second thought until a set of Quartets showed up near to me for a price that I couldn't pass up...a true three way that has more bass than my Heresys...I haven't kicked the Heresys to the curb (I have a Heresy 5.1 with an Academy (popbumpered) center Home Theater that I love) but I was wrong about the Quartet/Forte'/Chorus (maybe I should revisit the kg4s? [;)] )

Bill