Kenwood ka-8006

hey folks,

I just acquired a Kenwood KA-8006 amp. I believe it dates back to the mid 70's. I understand that it is a fairly low wattage amp (70 RMS & 200 peak, I am told). My question is, what kind of speakers should I get for optimum sound? Clarity and quality are very important, but I also want something that will ROCK a party. 5 inch woofers will not fly with me. So, I am thinking floorstanding, but does anyone know whether this amp will really be able to drive a big set of floorstanding speakers? I would also love some reccommendations as to what are the best values.

Thanks,

sandy

I owned a Kenwood intergrated amp, forget the model number, but it was 80 watts per channel, drove KG4's with it, it was fine as long as you didn't turn it up past 1o'clock on the volume control, would clip and shut down. Years of trouble free use, as a matter of fact, a friend has it, and still performs great, he's using Forte II's with it. I went to Home Theatre, that's the ONLY reason I bought something else, had nothing to do with not liking it, actually, I wish I'd kept it, and put it away....................hind sight................Many speaker choices, I like the Heritage series, but there are other choices.............................

Hi, 70 watts will drive any Klipsch home type speaker. How much ru looking to spend?

The addition of a well integrated subwoofer, will help get any 5" speaker in the air, however, I predict a pair of Cornwalls in yer future. [:|]

Welcome to the Forum. Not familiar with that model Knewood but it

should sound pretty good. You have to remember that the entire

Klipsch line of products is very efficient which in laymans terms means

they can go really loud with not a lot of power.

What's your speaker budget? That will make it easier for us to help you out.

Welcome to the Forum! I started with KG4's and have since gone to

Cornwall's.I recently sold a ToshibaSA7100 to my boss, The Cornwalls

had no trouble,but his 901's make it clip and shut down when turned up

to1 o'clock. The Kenwood should have no trobles running any Klipsch

speakers. Good Luck!

Larry