Anyone heard the Tangent T-5000(s)???

18 minutes ago, Generg said:

I just bought a used Tangent 4000. I hope it is no problem to show the crossover.

Only two small changes compared to the Heresy II.

the earlier Tangent 400 series shared the  Heresy II Crossover , with 0  changes ,

• 3 months later...
On 3/29/2021 at 6:10 PM, ummagumma-89 said:

Absolutely Moray, I had thought of separating the woofer area from the mids and highs with a piece of foam, similar to how the heresy 2 came. I figure it would help divide up the cabinet and produce more pressure to the rad. 

Took me a year to finish a kitchen remodel and I'm starting the T-5000 cabinet bracing, t-nuts, gaskets, and new foam damping later this week. I tried what ummagumma-89 mentioned with the foam by removing the mid, grabbing one of the original side pieces of foam and pulling it up and around the woofer. I was careful not to allow it to touch the woofer cone. 

I am impressed with the result. The bass drum now has impact and the boom (roar) is gone. I'll be adding this as I rebuild the cabinet.  And yes, I know I may hear from Moray so let me say now that if I'm wrong, I'll remove the foam later. But I like what I'm hearing.

I wanted to let everyone know that I did find a hot glue for the melamine to wood bond.

"Steinel GF 213 Laminate Glue Stick, designed specifically for bonding laminates, 1/2 x 12" long sticks for most standard glue guns, bag with 15 Sticks, formulated to work best on laminated surfaces, countertops and melamine."

That is what I'll be using to reseal the joints and to add the braces.

Edited by TimBo
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, TimBo said:

Took me a year to finish a kitchen remodel and I'm starting the T-5000 cabinet bracing, t-nuts, gaskets, and new foam damping later this week.  

can you  please measure the thickness of the wood panels , I'm curious to know if these are 5/8 " thick 

I certainly will post the wall thickness as soon as I have the speakers disassembled. I will be drilling holes and using screws and glue to mount the braces. That will give me the opportunity to get an accurate measure of the side wall thickness.

It may be a few days while I build a set of 45-degree sawhorses and get all the joints sealed before I can get back to you.

TimBo

• Like 1

On 2/14/2023 at 5:36 AM, OO1 said:

can you  please measure the thickness of the wood panels , I'm curious to know if these are 5/8 " thick 

Here are the front and rear panel thicknesses. I'll add the side panel thickness in the near future. If I was a betting man, I'd wager the sides will be the same as the rear.

The front panel is .766 (3/4) or 19.5mm1452385265_FrontPanel.thumb.jpg.a47646145ac7e289d0d8912e526f8186.jpg

The rear is .644 (5/8) or 16.5mm

image.jpeg.c7fd0610661dbd626ce706e84c7db91b.jpeg

TimBo

Edited by TimBo
  • Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...