Klipsch RF-5 vs Paradigm Studio 60 v3 vs Studio 100 v3

willmi

Hi,

The choices I am looking at for may front speakers are: Klipsch RF-5 (or) RF-7 vs Paradigm Studio 60 vs Paradigm Studio 100

I would like to ask some questions I have regarding my Home Theater options. I will highly appreciate if you can let me know which one will be better for my Home Theater Usage. My usage is 75% HT and 25% Music. Some of the criteria i have are:

1. Reasonably efficient speakers that can be driven by any $700 reciever preferably. But I am also open to adding a 2 channel power amp like NAD C272 ($400 used, 150 watts/ch 4 and 8 ohms) for the front speakers.

2. The Home theater set-up needs to have very good effects and real slam. I have the budget to add a SVS / HSU sub ( $800 )

3. A good center channel speaker that reproduces dialogues and blasts efficently. Basically dialogue needs to be heard properly ( Paradigm CC570 vs Klipsch RC-7 vs Paraidgm CC 470 )

4. Finally a decent system musically. I will be using this 25% of the times for music. I like good vocals, instruments, strings etc

Highly appreciate your input and guidance

Thanks
Mike

I would get the RF-7/RC- combo and find a Discontinued Denon AVR 3805 for around $600 and possibly use the 2 channel amp you are considering. I am thinking about getting a 2 channel amp to drive my RF-7's--but only for curiosity's sake. I have had my HT for over 3 years and cant imagine it getting any better. [H] I enjoy both multichannel music and Movies on a daily basis. BTW, The dialog on the RC-7 is excellent. If you don't believe me do a word search for "RC-7" and I bet you will find what you are looking for. Good luck. [:)]

Hi Mike,

I hope you get the replies you want as opposed to what you got on ecoustics. I'm guessing you'll get more Klipsch recommendation, and you might also get some vintage Klipsch suggestions. That's what I use anyway. Good luck!