Pioneer AVR for HT

Petrol

Good reputation. Some say it's a rebadged Elite, and others say it doesn't use the same power supply. Still, hard to beat for the price I would think, unless you are pushing difficult speakers. I don't think it can handle a 4-ohm load as well as harmon/kardon or NAD, but if that's not an issue then go for it.

I have been offered a THX Select 2 VSX-1015TX-K for what appears to be a real good deal.

What are y'all thoughts on this reciever?

http://www.pioneerelectronics.com/pna/v3/pg/product/details/0,,2076_310069809_209686388_tab=B,00.html?compName=PNA_V3_ProductDetailsComponent

I bought one a while back to run a second HT. I started out with RB 35s for mains but have ended up with a Rx7 system. In my opinion, that receiver pushes the 7s very nicely. I do use the back surround channels to "bi-amp" the RFs, but do not notice much of an improvement (not even 3 db according to rat-shack meter). I say, get it.

I brought it but never took delivery as I saw no need being two channel. But the options are nice. The 1016tx is not out yet and supposedly features just hdmi and ipod hookup which are not necessary for many. What was the price given? I was given 399 nib full waranty. The pioneer 1015 is a rebadged elite 58 or so... specs the same the amp the same except for the higher end circuitry. I think its a great reciever from price, features, and so forth. Sounds good to boot!

Oh the only reason I took the HK is that the 1015 I think is not 4 ohms like others have said.

hmmm, sounds promising. I was given a price of $300

If I pick it up, it would be for my main system with RB-35s

I don't really need to run HDMI or an iPod but was wondering how much improvement I can expect over the sony I now have.

The unit is an 'open-box' demo at a small shop that is in excellent condition with full warrenty. It does not appear to have ever even been plugged in, let alone used.

• 2 weeks later...