wire for crossover networks - time to rewire? looks like klipsch is not using lamp cord any more

Guest " "

I'm sure it was a unique aspect of the science of interconnects that
has never been addressed before ad nauseum. I mean ad absurdum, no, let's go
with the highly technical term: 'a bunch'.

Let's see: resistance determined by length, gauge, and if you choose, conducting material. (Hint: spaghetti is generally not good.)

Oh, and I almost forgot, it must possess a fluorescent candy striped insulation. Brown insulation always makes the signal sound dirty.

Oh, and lest anyone misunderstand, I do think the topic is important, for those encountering the subject for the very first time!

And to think that some may possess the unmitigated audacity to accuse me of not taking all cable and interconnect discussions seriously!

Posh!!

[:P]

But,
then some can't tell when someone is just pulling their leg... oh well.
Gee, someone should write a song that addresses that sentiment! Yeah, I
know! But I mean a great band of which people are aware prior to their becoming a rousing success in their later reincarnation as a mediocre pop band... Oh well!

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Here's another idea for y'all....

What does it matter that there's less resistance, capicitance, inductance? or any other factor you want to talk about? How do you know it's an improvement? I can think of many cases where engineers go in and add resistors to improve the frequency response of the driver! Who's to say that a little bit more resistance isn't beneficial?!? [|-)]

My new 6lb autoformers did not come today...got a UPS sticker though...so maybe tommorrow.

I'm going to need some bolt cutters to trim the leads on the thing....and probally will have to upgrade the rest of the wire in my system as well.

I'm sure it was a unique aspect of the science of interconnects that

has never been addressed before ad nauseum. I mean ad absurdum, no, let's go

with the highly technical term: 'a bunch'.

Let's see: resistance determined by length, gauge, and if you choose, conducting material. (Hint: spaghetti is generally not good.)

Oh, and I almost forgot, it must possess a fluorescent candy striped insulation. Brown insulation always makes the signal sound dirty.

Oh, and lest anyone misunderstand, I do think the topic is important, for those encountering the subject for the very first time!

And to think that some may possess the unmitigated audacity to accuse me of not taking all cable and interconnect discussions seriously!

Posh!!

[:P]

But,

then some can't tell when someone is just pulling their leg... oh well.

Gee, someone should write a song that addresses that sentiment! Yeah, I

know! But I mean a great band of which people are aware prior to their becoming a rousing success in their later reincarnation as a mediocre pop band... Oh well!

OK, now I get it. Too funny!!

• 6 months later...