LIVE 8 concert 4 DVD set: Anyone watched it yet?

picky

Get it picky.

I have watched this one several times. Video and sound are very well done. The box was listed as 4:3 aspect ratio, but it is actually 16:9 widescreen. Must have been a print error?

Quite a mix in music styles too......................(Of course Pink Floyd rulled)[;)]

Take care.

Mike

I got it on Friday! [:D]

I've only viewed disc #3 and I may have to return the set and exchange it for a new one. Halfway through, the disc faltered and skipped one song and then began played the next one. Shortly after than, it stopped in the middle of a Stevie Wonder song and skipped to the next song again. I did get to see the Pink Floyd footage and it was fantastic to see all the guys together again. But, I'm not willing to write of the Pulse DVD any time soon as it too, is a wonderful accomplishment. I was in watching the Paul McCartney footage towards the end when some company dropped over so I had to stop and got to dinner with them. I pulled the disc out of the player and notice a huge, fingerprint in the middle of the disc, about where it skipped. I was able to wipe that of, but then I notices a circular scratch near the disc's outer edge. If the first part plays, but the McCartney stuff gets fouled-up due that scratch, I will be taking it back for another one for sure. I was mighty disappointed to see that scratch. I checked the other 3 discs and they look fine. I know for certain that I didn't do it!

I must also note that the bass on the first song on disc #3 (Mariah Carey set) immediately stunning and sounded live! She's pretty easy on the eyes, too! [:$]

I am looking forward to watching the remainer of the discs. Thanks for recommending that I buy this, guys! I think it's going to be a keeper! [;)]

No problem getting a replacement set at Best Buy. They only wanted to know what the problem was and gave me the new set. I just examined the discs and I see no scratches. I played disc 3 and it worked perfectly. Now, I just need to find time to listen to the rest of this wonderful set of discs!