Looking into getting a sub here in Canada. Advice wanted!

Swerv

MR SUB Jockey Do this test for me will ya,Lets see how much better sounding with out the 12" cone popping watching a Dvd,Lets see how much abuse your pw2200 can handle,Now there are not to many other good dvds movies to test subs other than Mr Incredibles..Well there are a few more but i always use this one to test many subs for extremely low sound,Turn your receiver to 80hz setting as normal setups,Now turn your sub level up to 3/4 setting,Now i dont know what receiver you are using,but this will work for any receiver selling on the market,turn your receiver volume up past half way point of its volume,Now watch the complete movie at this volume,close to half way through the movie you are going to get into heavy bass listen to 1-15 to 1-16 of the movie at this volume or as high as you want,crank her up,For sure the pw2200 will be popping the cone several times,and this is a very well known issue that the pw2200 can not handle any heavy duty cone movement,The pw2100 will handle any volume++ with this movie and have hard hitting deep defined bass.Have fun,Note: be careful you dont blow the 12' cone out because many have on this movie with the pw2200.

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Paul,

The PW2100 uses the same woofer used in the little UltraCube.And yes the little 10" bruiser can take a beating and keep comming for more. PW2200 is better suited for music as it is,Paradigm should redesign the magnetic structure and stiffen the dual spiders to prevent the VC from hitting the back plate.

• 2 weeks later...

If your willing to pay shipping...call Shand at Audio 5.1 in Edmonton....tell him Tim recommended you, and tell him what you want...done deal...he ships worldwide at a REALISTIC price...largest dealer in Canada for Mac's for example...1 store....I've dealt with him 10 yrs...ok guy....he'll get you what you want at a half decent price...

Hey all, sorry, I should have stated for the money the Pw2200 can't be beat. And no, I am not a Sub expert by any means but have listened to many sub/setups. I use mine with RF83/RC62 and for music is just a heavenly match (for the money). As far as movies go, and yes I own the Incredibles, I have never heard any popping and play movies at -14 to -10 db depending on various factors with a Yamaha Rx-V2500 which is no slouch. My HT is dedicated and 25x15, sound blocked and quite "dead". I will mention however that it took some experimenting with position and settings of sub/receiver (crossover in particular along with line level to sub)to achieve these results. In the end as most folks on here would agree, its what you find sounds the best and is within your budget that really matters. If the SQ of my Klipsch speakers are anything to go by I suspect the top Klipsch sub would be better but at what cost? Almost 3 times as much here in ON< Canada. For me, my budget is not unlimited and would like to soon add a nice hefty 3 channel amp and a projector(which the RF83 took priority over, just couldn't live without them..lol) . Hope this clears up any insults i may have made.

Kind Regards, SubJockey.

Just get an RSW triple stack and dual RT subs stacked and do like TheEAR.He he My RT-12d is comming soon.Sooooon I will have an RT tower to complement my RSW tower. [:D]

After just the dual THX subs will be added.And finally my Klipsch subsonic monster will be complete.

I tell you you have to try an RT-10d at home,quite a sub.

What about the Parts Express largest <?xml:namespace prefix = st1 ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:smarttags" />Dayton sub Ear, since Serv is handy enough to fill his bookshelf stands, wouldnt a sub kit give him a lot of boom for the money?

• 2 years later...

In the same vein as the original poster, I'm looking to confirm that my choice of an RSW-10D to pair with RF-82s is a sound one. I'm able to pick up a RSW-10D for just under $1100 CDN here in Calgary and am wondering if there is a superior choice via an ID Sub manufactuer (HSU, Epik, SVS, etc.) that's similarly priced when shipped to Canada.

Appreciate any insight.