No sound. Any ideas?

Brianabd

Yep; I'm in the club. My 5.1 Ultra's are dead. Upon inspection I notice the leftmost Amp board has a burnt spot about the size of a dime in the upper area. Anyone know where I can get a spare AMP board from. Figured I'd try this before making a Giant Klipschsucks wind chime out of it.

And Amy...I'm dissapointed that you would "close" threads because you think they are from the same sources (IP Addresses). The problems are real, and Klipsch is responsible for producing a product of inferior quality and then taking $$ for repeated fixes. This is not our collective imagination.

• 1 year later...
  • Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Be careful sending anything to eliott he doesn't return emails he has had my since July it is now october no communication. I spoke to police about it we are filing wire fraud compliant as well as theft....

Hi,send me a private message with your contact iinformation I think your e-mails went to my spam folder, I have fixed plenty amps for a lot of people in the past 3 years and my business is to help people and not to scam them, you could have just googled elliot-tronics and found my site and my phone number is right there and talkd to me instead of posting this and make me look like a scammer....

Regards,
Elliott

• 1 month later...

No, it was an absurd response. My email:

If you want to complain about the PM 5.1 because you've owned one

and

have had problems, of course you have every right to so. But please do

not compare these speakers with rest of Klipsch products. They are a

completely different technology, completely different design,

components, everything about them is different. It is really an unjust

comparison. If you spend any time on the rest of the forum, you'll

know we have very few complaints for our home audio products.

Amy, I don't have any idea what you do for Klipsch, but that's a

horrendous post. My already repaired amp died a month ago on my

Promedia 5.1 Ultra system, and you are telling me through that post

that I bought crap and I should expect crap because it is clearly not

the same as your home area.

I am currently in the process of replacing the amp in my subwoofer so I

can use it with a different surround receiver. This is not a triumph

for your company - it's an embarrassment. You built great speakers and

made a shoddy amplifier, and because I like the speakers so much I have

taken the Klipsch amplifier out of the equation altogether. If you are

an employee, this is not something to be proud of.

Thanks for costing me an extra $300, on top of the $450 I spent on the

system, to fix what you couldn't design properly. You should be

ashamed. You certainly shouldn't be pointing out that the company has

given up on a product on your company's forum.

• 8 months later...

I also sent Elliott my amp. When I emailed him multiple times to inquire about service, shipping, payment he was immediately able to respond and give details. He told me the turnaround time on the amp repair would be 20 days from the time it was shipped. It is now past that allotted time and I've emailed elliott several times and have gotten no response. I would far greatly prefer to have a working amp than to have to go through the process of a dispute with pay pal and my credit card company. From what I read here, his promised 20 day turnaround doesn't seem to happen very often, but declining to reply to customers is very bad business. I found elliott through these forums and I will post my experience here as well.

Keep posting about Elliot. He's not very good about communication, but I think that's because he often has to wait for parts to show up on eBay to repair the amps. However, not responding at all is unlike him. Try sending him an email with a completely different subject heading in case there's a spam filter intercepting the message.

I'm not sure how he's working now, but when I dealt with him I had a phone number to call.