WTB Juicy Music Merlin Preamp

fly_fish_nz

Mark, the gentleman who has the Merlin on ebay is actually the "Juicymusic dude". They are his preamps, and could obviously answer any type of questions you may have. I don't have one, but everyone who has ever had a Juicymusic product really rants and raves about their "wonderfullness".

I am waiting for him to make one that has a Phone stage, a home theater bypass, and a remote. A Peachy/ Blueberry sorbet with remote, of sorts.

Also, a bit ago, there was a Peach that was advertised here on the forum. Put that in the search function up top and see about that.

Good luck, also: what amps etc are you using. We all get really nosey and pretty much want all of the other info.

Paul

Mark, the gentleman who has the Merlin on ebay is actually the "Juicymusic dude". They are his preamps, and could obviously answer any type of questions you may have. I don't have one, but everyone who has ever had a Juicymusic product really rants and raves about their "wonderfullness".

I don't have any of his pre-amps either, but I've heard enough of them over the past couple of years in various setups. They really do have a nice smooth, warm sound, especially fronting a good set of tubes on the amplification part of the chain. Also, the build quaity is second to none, with the beautiful wood cabinets and all.

If and when I ever decide to do a dedicated two-channel setup, those pre-amps are definitly on my short list.

Good idea to talk with Mark directly, which I'll do on Monday. It sounded as if some posters might be familiar with upgrades to the standard unit, which sounded interesting.

I'll be using the Merlin with two amps (a Belles Reference 150A and a heavily modified Adcom 5802 (mods by John Hillig at Musical Concepts), two CD players (an APL modded Philips SACD 1000 and CAL Audio CL-15), and Quad Speakers. Please don't kick me out because I don't have any Klipschs; I learn a lot from you folks!

Chris

There are several people on the forum that don't currently have Klipsch speakers. We all seem to be pretty nice to em and all. We do actually feel kinda sorry for them, but we don't get mad.

Now, if you start talking about the greatness of Bose speakers, that may ruffle some feathers....

And, as you look thru the forum, you will see that we talk about all kinds of stuff. We seem to talk about all the parts of the audio experience: amps, turntables, dvd, cd, bikes, trips, all kinds of stuff.

Stick around,

Paul

Thanks Paul. I've been a long time browser of the posts here, and have enjoyed learning from you folks. I've never owned any Bose speakers, but if I hear some and am blown away, I'll keep it to myself ;-)

Grumpy, I'm definetly interested, but the BB extreme may be beyond what I was thinking of spending. Please let me know if you decide to sell it though; i'm not always able to resist temptation.

Chris