2" Tractrix Wood Horn + BMS 4590 listen

D-MAN

Hey D-man

You probably already have but just in case look at the Cinema Line of Klipsch Speakers.

It shows alot of them using the K510 Tractrix Horn with the K-69-A Driver that I'm using with the K402 Horn with the Jubilee. The K510 Horn is the other Horn I believe Roy mentioned as an option with the Jubilee. Anyway these Horn/Driver combinations require some equalization because the directivity is being held pretty constant(controlled) over their designed frequency ranges.

Just curious do you have any test showing the BMS Driver on a plane wave tube test?

I'm just thinking that some horns you try the BMS driver with might require some EQ to bring the response back in balance.

mike tn[:)]

I would definitely go with a tractrix on the mids. Absolutely, hands down, no-brainer.

It has a foot-up on all the horns I have heard so far.

Now for upper-frequencies and controlled dispersion characteristics, that is still up in the air... I suppose a smaller horn would help there, we don't need to crossover at 250Hz!

Dana