Squawker and wideband driver picks for 511/Cobraflex and SM120?

freddyi

• 1 month later...

The JBL 2470 will need threaded throat adapter to work on the EV SM120A. I personally don't like the sound of the phenolic diaphragms -- hence I recommend you get some of the Radian replacement diaphragms for these drivers. I've used most of the JBL 1 inch compression drivers with the EV SM12A horn -- and they do sound very good. I like the sound of this combination better than the stock Klipsch driver and horn..

Ed should chime in about the Cobreflex (for Cornwall anyway). I like the 511b/902 for CW's crossed at +/- 400hz. Both would be an inprovenent to the K-600/ K-55. Not sure that he or I could post a valid comment about replacing a K-400 in Khorns or LaS.

tc

Well as you know, I used the Pyle Pro horn for a while that was supposed to be very similar in sound to the K-400 horns. They still didn't compare to the Altec 511B horns.

The 511B/K55V combo was pretty decent, but the 511B/902-8B combo is much better, smoother, cleaner, more detailed, plus the added bonus of allowing you to go 2-way.