Walk the line

m00n

Finaly got a chance to see the movie. Loved it, fantastic move. Very good all the way around.

I didn't care for it at first, but another watch, it was much better, DTS sound amazing, filmed well, really good job acting, pretty fair presentation of Johnny's life, Good movie, would recommend it to anyone...............Well Done.........

So now that you've seen the movie, you will really like the real thing.

This is The Concert Behind Prison Walls, hosted by Johnny Cash, but in my opinion Linda Ronstadt steals the show with "Your No Good". (not to mention what eye candy she was back then)

Excellent DD5.1 sound track.

Johnny Cash: A Concert Behind Prison Walls

I need to have it even though I've watched it.

Another bit of trivia: apparently Joquan Phoenix was hand picked by Johnny Cash to play him before he died.

Really? I heard Johnny wanted someone who could play the guitar real good to play his role. Apparently Phoenix grew up in a family of musicians, but wasn't a guitar picker. I'm not sure I just seen a couple of women gabbing about it on some pre oscar interview. Anyways I realy like the film too.

With piles of respect to the man, it would not require a super guitarist to play the rythms that were in the movie.

What I heard was that Phoenix fit the "rebel" role of the young cash very well.

Agreed. If you were around back then, you know JC was a big hit with a few songs, Ring of Fire, Walk the Line, Boy Named Sue, but he really wasn't ever accused of being the new Hank Williams.

I liked Johnny, but I think there is this baby boomer phenomenon taking place that romanticizes and canonizes any pop star of the 60s beyond reality. Similar to the Ray Charles movie that was also a huge box office success, the movie plays to the sweet memories old dudes like me have for their younger years. Great box office strategy.

I'd love to see a Roy Orbison movie, but maybe he wasn't glitzy enough for a Hollywood makeover, but he was much more talented than Johnny (or Ray) in my opinion. Maybe slightly different genres, but same era, same pop culture.

Take a look at the Folsom prinson concert I referenced and you'll see that Johnny hosted the show, but the real stars were Linda Ronstadt and Roy Clark. IMHO YMMV etc.