"Instant Modifications"

RFP

Good evening...

Soon after relocating my gorgeous oiled oak Klipschorns to Flagstaff, AZ, I was able to close the deal on a pair of 1984 walnut K-horns that already had all of the modifications that I had ever dreamed of... and then some. These have Al K's 'Trachorns' fitted with TAD 2001 drivers, Beyma CP25 tweeters, and Al K's 'Extreme Slope' networks.

Not only that, they were less than an hour from my home.

As you might suspect, the sound is nothing short of amazing... especially after I fiddled with the networks for a couple of days, getting just the right attenuation of the TADs.

There is new detail in virtually everything I play... but, if the recording is poor, these K-horns reveal every flaw... they are merciless. But with decent program sources, they are nothing short of magic!

Now, I am strongly considering a re-finishing project to make them as visually stunning as they are sonically. While in Hope (2006 Pilgrimage), I was very taken with the 'piano black' and lacewod of the new Anniversary Klipschorns. Since then, I have been thinking of a similar 'look' for these... maybe lacewod and wenge (piano black is too hard to do and too 'fragile').

Posted Image

Lousy photo of Trachorn, TAD 2001, and one chassis (of three) of the Extreme Slope network.

Cheers,

Rob

Rob, Congratulations on an ultimate pair of Khorns. It's good not to worry about any upgrades for once. I wonder why would someone sell them though.

Kudret

Thanks... The previous owner moved into a new house, and it has absolutely no Kipschorn-friendly corners. He's presently shopping for a pair of Belles.