Blind Faith DVD

oldbuckster

I am reading Sunday Paper, out falls Best Buy Ad, and lo and behold I see, Blind Faith Live from Hyde Park 1969.........$12.99........on sale Tuesday............Are you kidding me....Who would want that old disc.....I can't wait...Cream now Blind Faith....what's next.....some live footage of Eric and Duane.......or Eric's comeback Concert......They are holding back a lot of material on us, in the end we'll get it, but it will have a price.......I feel so bad for the recording industry............I do.......[:P]

OB, I assume you have the music of Blind Faith(LP or cd). Every song is a masterpiece. If this dvd has it all, it, too, will be a masterpiece. I love watching the "musicianship" of my favorite artists.

Without a doubt............One of the better, for the lack of a better word, SUPERGROUPS, really, Steve Winwood, Eric Clapton, Ginger Baker, Rich Gretch.....what a group of talented guys...........Sea of Joy, Had to Cry Today, Presence of the Lord.........Great Material for sure........Seems we're the only ones that care......I'm pumped....anytime I can view GREATNESS is a joy to me....I live in the 70's Classics.....It is what oldbuckster likes, and the chance to see these guys together on stage is, quite frankly, Far Out.......All the excitment about the Pulse, and just you and I on Blind Faith.....hard to believe....

If you don't already have it the Cream ReUnion is a must have.....the more I watch it the better I like it.........not a feast for the eyes like say the Pulse, but three crafty, seasoned, Superstar Musicians on stage together after close to forty years.....Eric Clapton more and more sneaks into my heart, what a talented Guitarist....Jack Bruce, a headliner in his own right, the man can play a Bass, and last, but not least, Ginger Baker, the man doesn't even look like his moving, a drummer's drummer if you will.................

Back to Blind Faith........Do what you Like....now there is a Jam Song...just some great music....I too, am pumped up about this DVD.....Never thought I see such a Disc.....they are holding alot of film back, and they will make us pay a good price for it, but some of it has no Price............how about ....the Allman Brothers at Fillimore East.....Jimi Hendrix and the Band of Gypsys, again at the Fillimore East......Rock of Ages the Band....there is so many I'd like to see...........4 hours until Best Buy opens.....tick,tick,tick,........[:D]

Well, I played it once already, was kind of a let down after the Pulse, BUT, given that it was 1969, and they didn't last a year, and you look at the equipment they are playing through, and the film and sound quality were lacking, it is pretty damn good. God those guys are young, Steve looks like a teenager,Eric the young guitar stud, some nice shots of EC, Ginger the guy can pound the skins, use those double pumped Bass drums, simply amazing, Rich solid steady beat, no wasted notes, a Good Band. I look at it this way, I bought a Blind Faith Live album I can watch, they were only together a short time, so material is in limited supply, I'm not sorry I bought it, and I'm sure I'll watch it more and grow to like it more...........It's a piece of Rock History..........It's worth it for Clapton alone, nevermind Steve Winwood.............Well All Right............[:D]

Light Up or Leave Me Alone.Let us know guys how it sounds.I started to buy a BF dvd a few weeks ago but was concerned about sound quality.

It sounds good for 2 channel..................it is NOT 5.1 or DTS.....but it's good.........

Remember it's 1969.......film and sound reflect that, but it is worth buying......Best Buy $12.99.......at worst Fish, you bought a Blind Faith Live album you can watch.........

Buckster-

I wholeheartedly agree. I've gotten half way through it (had to run a child to Flute Choir), and I think it's an awesome historical record. I was slightly disappointed in "Do What You Like", but only because the CD version is so incredible. So far, "Can't Find My Way Home" seems to be the best cut of the first half, because of the cohesion of the boys and the little journey they take you on (musically). And yes, they sure are young (Stevie was only 21 here).

I love the lead-in documentary. It's a great history lesson of this type music in the '60s.

All in all, I am thrilled to have this DVD. As you said, it's a chance to watch Blind Faith live (as many times as I want).

Chuck

Light Up or Leave Me Alone.Let us know guys how it sounds.I started to buy a BF dvd a few weeks ago but was concerned about sound quality.

It sounds good for 2 channel..................it is NOT 5.1 or DTS.....but it's good.........

Remember it's 1969.......film and sound reflect that, but it is worth buying......Best Buy $12.99.......at worst Fish, you bought a Blind Faith Live album you can watch.........

Two channel is fine.I have lots of good dvds that are 2ch.The main thing is decent sound quality(all things considered)Like you say,you ain't gonna see too much footage and it's a bit of a historical record.

On another note,I guess you haven't picked up the Steppenwolf yet or you'd have let me know.Are you familiar w/the song "Monster?"It's pretty cool how that song is so relavent today,and the version is the best I've ever heard,put it on your list.

No guy, I haven't got Steppenwolf yet, I will............Do I know the song Monster? Fish , I have written on this forum, Steppenwolf's Monster is one of the Greatest Protest albums of all times.......Must people miss that point.......It is their Finest effort, in my outspoken opinion, nothing humble about it......funny the amount of airplay Steppenwolf is getting around here lately............I'll get it sooner or later.........alot on my plate right now......

Back to Blind Faith...........the Clapton footage is worth it........all those Young Bucks....kinda takes me back to a simplier time in my life.....I still try to hold on to, but I know is gone......69 was a Crazy year for oldbuckster.....lots of changes in my sheltered little life.....some good, some bad......Just starting to get into Rock with both feet, knew about Stevie Winwood, knew about Clapton and Cream, and bang, Blind Faith was formed, and just as quick were gone......It's a special DVD to me.....Ginger Baker looks like a kid.........Do What you Like is short, but Ginger gets the spotlight.....Great Drummer, and he can pump those Double Bass Drums......damn man.......

uh, what's this about a STEPPENWOLF DVD??? Never heard of it...

M

It's Steppenwolf-"Live in Louisville" on the river front a few years ago.It's a real kick a$$ show,the audio quality is really,really good.The music set is great too,the band is tight,the guitar work,drumming,keyboards and JK is in great form with youthful passion.One of the best concert dvds I have of 200+.

OB, just finished watching, in its entirety(except for the bonus tracks)the Blind Faith dvd. I am actually bothered by something. This could just be "my" perception. Clapton, Baker and Grech all seem to be "puppets" to the mighty Winwood. I did not see any of the intensity out of the three of them as I have seem previously when with Cream or any of the other groups the members were in. I get the feeling that the trio was on a "break", if you will, to slow things down in their heads and minds, met up with Stevie boy, who threw this thing together, and the trio said "what the heck", we'll do it. Listening to the studio music, I never had this sense. I have seen local bands with more emotion and intensity than the trio. I think Blind Faith was at a time in the trios life where they needed to take it easy. I am, of course, comparing this to all the Cream footage I have seen, as well as the Yardbirds and Mayall. To see Winwood as the leader, and puppeter(again, my observation)has me feeling sorry for the trio. I look at their faces and I see their experience as "just passing time". The tunes of BF are different than the trio before, but seeing this up close, again, it is all about expectations. I remember seeing Clapton at the Garden, and he was so awful during this particular performance(he had another guitarist doing the majority of his solos and breaks)I just wondered was it drugs, alcohol, you know what I mean. l will probably listen to the cd and lp much more than watch the dvd. By the way, did you notice during Had To Cry Today, Baker loses a stick. Again, it was the last tune, and I perceived them to want to get it over with(the trio). Winwood was in the spotlight. I am sure I am not alone in this perception(maybe I am). It was a great year for me, '69, Woodstock and all. I do not want to sound negative, and I was in a great state of mind when whatching and listening,but the dvd had me feel the trio was a backup band to Winwood. Not at all what I expected.

Dan, that is a different way of viewing the disc, I don't know that I agree with you, but on the other hand, I can't disagree with you. I agree Steve Winwood is the focal point, but I feel the other guys like it that way. Eric was tired of being the Star, Ginger he's just a drummer, what does he care, and Rick, what did anyone really know about him, a backup band, if you will, and that's what they did. They each had their moments during the set, how much do you expect to see in a 40 minute set? Could it have been better, of course, but it's all your going to get of those guys. They Steve,Eric,Ginger,Rick never made a big deal about themselves, the press did, they never called themselves a Supergroup, the press did. Sorry you didn't like it, but I guess you really didn't say that, maybe your right, it's not what you expected. I'll watch it a bunch more times, it's the best Blind Faith Live that I own.