Blind Faith DVD

oldbuckster

.....I feel so bad for the recording industry............I do.......[:P]

Mee Too......... Especially when they lose so much on shared records. Really, They make money on the same recording, Example; 1, movie released in theater,2,movie on vhs(older ones) 3, movie on DVD, 4, soundtrack on CD, 5,movie's (director's cut), 6, movie digitally remastered, My point, 1 performance paid to artists, rest, industry profits! Poor recording industry![:P]

OB, as I said, it was all about "expectations". I listened to the cd last night, in its entirety. Just fantastic! When I saw Cream live, many years ago, as well as earlier recorded performances, I enjoyed the intensity ot the trio. As you say, they are a "back up" band to Steve W. I never feel this when listening to the cd/vinyl. Only with this dvd. I am glad I bought it. I am sure I will change my way of thinking. However, there are reasons Blind Faith lasted only a short time. I see it on the faces of the trio. All my other music dvds, each close up of each "player", shows me that they all want to "be there". Again, my perception. I, of course, am comparing this to the music only(cd) in which each perfomance is right on. High energy, Steves voice is smooth, etc. I will watch it again this weekend. I will enjoy it. I think I am also reacting to Steves vocals. They are a bit rough,compared to the cd. I think I was also missing Jack Bruce. It was hard for me to see Clapton and Baker without Brucie. All rediculous perception. I need to understand this is Blind Faith, not Cream. I will be OK. Maybe it is making me feel "old". Yeah, thats it. I am old!

Dan.........We are suppose to be getting old...er...[;)].....Steve's voice on several occasions crackles, and goes away, but look at that crowd, I would be alittle unnerved too. Their first public appearence together, alittle nervous no doubt. Time will prove it a good DVD to own, but until then ........................" IT'S ONLY ROCK AND ROLL"

I watched it twice now. I liked it. Great Winwood for sure. Sounds like it was the first time they played "Can't Find My Way Home" in public. What a treat to hear it. I will play it several more times no doubt. Great vintage stuff - a lot like Woodstock in the feel of it. Very calm crowd with the occasional acid head jamming away to himself. I love these old concerts.

Thansk for the heads up OB!

I watched it twice now. I liked it. Great Winwood for sure. Sounds like it was the first time they played "Can't Find My Way Home" in public. What a treat to hear it. I will play it several more times no doubt. Great vintage stuff - a lot like Woodstock in the feel of it. Very calm crowd with the occasional acid head jamming away to himself. I love these old concerts.

Thansk for the heads up OB!

It is what it is.....Crazy time back then, but pretty laid back in London, nice to see it in the RAW, no special cameras, or sound, or slick production, Blind Faith Live...raw and basic

OB, watched it again this morning(I could'nt sleep)through headphones. Did not want to distunb the wife, ya know. I did enjoy it. Why should I psycho-analyze these guys heads. It is all about the performance. Great stuff. I then watched SRV and Double Trouble-Live at Montreux-1982 & 1985. Enjoyed that . Talk about intensity!

OB, watched it again this morning(I could'nt sleep)through headphones. Did not want to distunb the wife, ya know. I did enjoy it. Why should I psycho-analyze these guys heads. It is all about the performance. Great stuff. I then watched SRV and Double Trouble-Live at Montreux-1982 & 1985. Enjoyed that . Talk about intensity!

Stevie Ray Disc 1 it is all most heartbreaking to hear those people booing him, did you catch that? Disc 2 is good...........Same type deal with Live from Austin City Limits....first performance he was good but nervous, and alittle unsteady, and the second performance, the man is large and in charge, great shows both..........God has another Great Guitarist in his Band of Greats...........Had the Honor of seeing him and Jeff Beck together..............The house is a Rockin'.............

Watched it again............Better...Worth having for sure............[:D]....Turned it up a notch or two...Eric is right there.....Rick is pretty solid on that Bass.....Ginger is just Ginger....and to listen to Steve's voice break up and miss a note or two, a vocal strain every now and then, but a sweet bluesy Steve just the same.............Thumbs Up.......

They were brutal OB but as I have heard the crowd that was at that show got a little jilting as they thought the show was going to be classical music and as I understand it Mr. Hammond got Stevie and the boys aboard at the last minute. I'm sure to a classical music lover Stevie must have hit them like a ton of bricks[:D]

You know I one upped you on that Stevie/Jeff tour when they played for us in Austin in '89 Eric walked out on stage (still can't recall why he was in town) but a concert highlight of my life was watching Stevie, Eric and Jeff slashing axes together. Word had it that the young Bramhall boy was back stage ingesting every lick[;)] (last concert tour I attended was a couple years back when Eric was on his Jack Johnson tour with young Mr. Bramhal with him and what a performance they put on)