Klipsch Reference vs Polk Audio LSi

Josh_Parsons626

Hey everybody this is my first post, I was thinking about going with the Polk Audio which right now I got the Monitor 40's as fronts and CS1 as center with Paradigm Cinema dipole/bipole as surrounds. Until I heard the Klipsch Synergy III at Best Buy I was confident I wanted the LSi15's as fronts. Then I head the Synergy III with dual 6 1/2's and with the center to match with bookshelves and especially in 2 channel they sounded real good. I'm just wondering if anybody has any real life experience with both sets of speakers.

Hi Josh and welcome,

I have had the Polk's and, of course, Klipsch.

I think they both have their strengths. I personally like the Polk sound and used to run Polk's on a 2 channel audio sound system. However, I ;like the "in your face forward" sound of Klipsch.

For you, only you can tell what you like. To me, both are great speaker companies.

Phil

Only you have the answer

Listen to them side by side if you at all can,Klipsch uses horns from HF drivers.Horns project sound,are wave guides and you have to sit in a sweet spot or close to really get the full message.

Polk audio are much less efficient,need a more muscular amplification.Higher damping is favored from the amp as their drivers have softer suspensions.They use dome tweeters ,these have much better dispersion and are softer on the ears,as soft dome tweeters are not harsh at all even with more sterile amps.

Two worlds here,the forward presentation of Klipsch or the more laid back easy to listen to Polk Audio.

*I do not want to get off base too much here but have you ever heard Dynaudio,they blow the doors off any Polk ever made and are much more detailed across the range. [:D]

I guess I'll just stick with my Polk speakers, and upgrade every now and then. I just dont get around to demoing a lot of speakers. Polk Audio, Infinity, Klipsch and now KEF is all we have in West Virginia that I'm aware of. I'd like to be able to demo all these speakers but it's just not possible for me. I found a sound I like, Polk Audio. So I guess I'll just have to upgrade the best I can.

I also have Polk's and, of course Klipsch.

The 5 Polks (old monitors with the 7" woofer & 1" silk dome) were moved from my living room system to a tiny room with a sony HTIB as replacements for the sorry tiny speakers that came with it after I bought my Klipsch...

I like my Klipsch better but then the Polk Monitors are not in the same league as Polk LSi series either...