At last a room of my own

oldenough

I recently moved and now have a room dedicated for music/Ht, could'nt be happier. Just need an Rc-7 and it's complete.

Ok what happened to the pictures, anybody wanna help me with how to post pics?

Ok i gottit.

Huh! they were there ,now they've gone, wassup with that!!

Hi, Oldbuckster, yes it's a basement, and now that i have it finished the wife has her eye on it, AIN'T GONNA HAPPEN. The telecaster is my pride and joy, it's a deluxe, just wish my playing could do it justice but i just love playing it. Yeh there's a lot of stuff around but most of it get's used at some time, i love messing and changing just for the hell of it.

Nice room, warm lighting.

We must be about the same age (I'm 51). I also have a Strat and a Martin OO-18 within grab range. Nothing like a great, well-recorded favorite and picking up the axe to jam along. Like you, my skills, once enviable, now are fully encrusted in RUST.

Are those KG-4's in the back? Great speaker, IMHO. Totally a sleeper. Actually like them a LOT more than my Heresies, but I don't separate Heritage from their brethren.

Chris

Very nice

Is an RC-7 gonna fit in the same place? You might also consider toe-ing in your surround speakers and get them firing towards the listening position. You'll probably have to turn down their volume at the reciever when you do that too.

Is that a fridge in the back behind the left surround?

Thanks Chris, yes that's about all the guitar playing i do now, but it's nice to just sit and noodle along with SRV or BB and dream. The rear speakers are in fact my recent e-Bay score, they are RB5's and to my ears they compliment the RF5's perfectly. I do also have a very nice pair of oiled walnut KG4's, when i first got them i was quite pleased with them, but after some time of listening to them i found them to be dull and unexciting in comparison to the RF5s. For the record we are close in age, i just edge you out by 4 years (55) but i have the mental age of 18, actually my wife put's it a lot lower than that. Hey, you have to grow old, but you dont have to grow up....John

Yes, Johnny a Fender tweed would work for me too, but i would sure be pushing my luck with the missus. The little practice amp, and my peavey combo will just have to suffice for now. I do have a DigiTech GNX3 workstation, that is a wonderful and creative tool. We have a nice couch to go in the room, but i have to do some remodeling to the doorway (you cant get 36" thru a 32" opening)....John[:D]

Hi DrWho, yes an Rc7 will just fit, the shelves are adjustable and the cd player will be coming out of there to accomodate the needed room. Yes i do still need to work on speaker placement, my hardest work seems to be the servo 15, the ideal placement puts it right in front of a bedroom door. But for now its ok i put some serious thought into it when i get the rc7. Most of the time we listen to 2 channel and maybe a couple of movies a month. Yes the fridge in the back is a real piece of history, but works fine, beats running upstairs every 5 minutes for a cold one....John

P.s had a question in another thread regarding my marantz 930 speakers. One of the other members thought that you could give me some insight into them as he believed you also had a pair.

Just a little OT, but i wanted to give a recommendation for what i thought was an excellent movie that we watched this week-end. "the worlds fastest Indian" we dont watch too many movies but for us this was a big thumbs up flick, sure, a bit of a feel good movie, not much in the way of sound effects, do'nt think there was one instance of foul language, but i found it riveting to watch. All the more so that it was a true story. Anthony Hopkins, one of the Greats, anyone else seen it?