Cornwall B3 caps?

klipschaholik

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Greetings everyone. It has been a long time since I posted to the Klipsch forum, but I am back in the fold. I just added to my Klipsch collection this week by getting a pair of 1977 walnut Cornwalls off ebay, to match my 1977 walnut Heresys. I am very excited. The only thing that doesn't match is the grille cloth; the Heresys having a chocolate fabric and the Corns have a gold/black mesh cloth.

I haven't touched either pair of speakers internally, but I know all too well how performance is improved when electrolytic caps are replaced in tube amps. I have two questions: What is the audible benefit of replacing the caps (or the whole crossover for that matter)?

I've owned the Heresys for several years, but relegated them to the bedroom, as my main system consisted of KLF30s. Now that I can have a near homogenous heritage rig in the living room, I wanted to upgrade all four of these 29 yr old speakers at once, hopefully to save money and effort. Are most of the components in the Heresy and Cornwall motorboards the same, and can I order four of each part instead of a pair? Sorry for all the questions, but thanks for letting me back in after all this time! [:)]

Don't be sorry for asking questions. I tell my 11 year old every morning when she leaves for school to be sure and ask a goood question today. If you don't ask you won't learn.

I would suggest re reading this forum, then check with Bob or go to parts express for the right caps for your speakers. I can vouch for Bob, he will set you up right with everything you need. You'll be glad you did.