Bi-amping RF Series

SpeakerHeadroom

LF=low frequency=woofer

HF=high frequency=mid and tweeter

past discussions resulted in the understanding that once the bridging wire is removed, circuts are seperate, to include the common ground.

LF=low frequency=woofer

past discussions resulted in the understanding that once the bridging wire is removed, circuts are seperate, to include the common ground.

Whao. This response implies that the RF series of Klipsch speakers are 3-way speakers with a tweeter, mid, and woofer. Are they really 3-way? I'm 100% sure I've seen them advertised as 2-way speakers on the Klipsch website, and I was of the understanding that they were indeed 2-way with two woofers and one tweeter.

Am I all wrong?

audiobliss

• Like 1

LF=low frequency=woofer

Whao. This response implies that the RF series of Klipsch speakers are 3-way speakers with a tweeter, mid, and woofer. Are they really 3-way? I'm 100% sure I've seen them advertised as 2-way speakers on the Klipsch website, and I was of the understanding that they were indeed 2-way with two woofers and one tweeter.

Am I all wrong?

audiobliss

Apparently, the two drivers below the tweeter are not identical and that would probably explain the excellent low frequency extension of the RF series - the lowest driver is sort of like unpowered sub for one to feed the power. Klipsch owners - correct me if I am wrong.

On my 7's if you biamp,the two10's are low and the horn high,2-way,I assume the 83's are the same.

I have the 83's. If I bi-amp, let's say 2 amplifiers of 175 watts per channel each, does this mean my 3 woofers will get 175 watts all together, and the tiny 1.25" tweeter will get 175 watts? Thanks.

On my 7's if you biamp,the two10's are low and the horn high,2-way,I assume the 83's are the same.

I have the 83's. If I bi-amp, let's say 2 amplifiers of 175 watts per channel each, does this mean my 3 woofers will get 175 watts all together, and the tiny 1.25" tweeter will get 175 watts? Thanks.

Indeed. The top binding post goes to the tweeter, and the bottom to the mid/woofer drivers. That's why it's common to biamp with either a less powerful amp on top or a tube amp on top along with SS on the bottom.
  • Like 1

I have the 83's. If I bi-amp, let's say 2 amplifiers of 175 watts per channel each, does this mean my 3 woofers will get 175 watts all together, and the tiny 1.25" tweeter will get 175 watts?  Thanks.

Indeed.  The top binding post goes to the tweeter, and the bottom to the mid/woofer drivers.  That's why it's common to biamp with either a less powerful amp on top or a tube amp on top along with SS on the bottom.

Ditto what audiobliss said. I asked Klipsch tech support last week if the RF towers are two way, and they are. The two (or three) bass drivers are all fed the same information, and fed by the bottom biamp terminal.