Need a Good 2 Channel amp to power 2 KSB 1.1 Bookshelfs via Mulitroom option ...

Tim_in_NC

Hi Guys,

I'm looking for a nice used 2 channel amp (could even be a Pro Amp ...

Carver, Crown, etc...) that shouldn't set me back much but would deliver nice clean power to these two KSB 1.1s ...

The KSB 1.1 are rated at 8 Ohm ... 75 watts continuous and 300 watts peak ...

I'll be connecting this 2 channel amp to my HK 7300 and power these in

another room and will occasionally set them outside for outside listening pleasure ...

You guys have any recommendations on a good 2 channel amp?

Thanks,

TIM

Ok Guys ...

I'm looking for a good, used, low budget power amp here ... Something in the $100 to $200 range ... I've seen several on Ebay, but I've yet to bid ... I'd be happy with anything in the 100 watt x 2 channel range in 8 ohms ...

Any recommendations for brands such as Adcom, Rotel, Carver, Crown, etc...

I wouldn't get too carried away, those little KSB's wont take too much power, unless you're hooking up a house full of them.

On very similar topic:

I have wired my home for some external speakers and will be probably putting the KSB1.1's under the front eaves, back porch, possible BR#2 and a pair of IW50 in-ceiling's in the kitchen. I have a Niles switcher box that has protection circuit (resistor) to maintain ohmage if more than two pair are used.

Wonder how much wpc I should look for for this 4 pair setup? I have numerous amps around the house...

M

Yes but you would only be running two pair at a time max?

You may have answered your own question with the KSB's not requiring a lot of juice!

I have a frind Michael who has the Niles box and if I remember right it's switches 4 or 5 pair on it? He bought a used BAT 6200 amp with 5 individual amps in it and he has front/back porch, upstairs gameroom, Garage and laundry room (inwalls here) hooked up to run each set with each individual amp channel and he's running 100WPC on each to Heresy's in the garage, your favorite CW's in the gameroom and somekind of indoor/outdoor JBL's on the porch's and he does have some kind of unit I;ll have to check with him on what it is that equals out his ohm/watts, I'll see what he says[;)]

I have not heard that many modern solid-state amplifiers or receivers. All the ones I heard I did not like, except:

<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" />

The palm-size $35 Sonic Impact 5066 digital class T amp, with power adapter

The $50-150 twin powered HK classic 430930 receivers

The $120 upscale version of the Sonic Impact digital class T amp

The $450 Red Wine Clari T digital amplifier

I would rather see you go with an old vintage integrated tube amplifier, refurbished by somebody like NOSvalves, even at twice your budget the sound is glorious comnpared to the crap they sell nowadays.

• 4 weeks later...