New RF83

JetJockey

Hi all, just wanted to say I got my new RF83' today. All I can say is yee haa, these babies rock. I can tell they are still tight and need some break in but right of the box they sound fantstic. put on Eric Clapton One More Car, One More Rider, holy shmokes..friggin awesome, btw, SQ on this DVD is to die for. Also the woodwork on the cabinets is second to none, gorgeous I tell you. Can't wait till tomorrow and really let these girls rip when no one is home. So far i have dropped about 6-8 slots on the db on my receiver compared to my Mirage OM260, gotta love how efficient these girls are! Suspect it will get better as they get broken in. Kudos to Klipsch for such a fine job and a great product, they should be proud.

Never lookin back, love Klipsch, Sonic Bliss

Jet Jock...night all.

Hey JetJockey, I have a pair of 83s set up in stereo and I love them. I can judge speakers by taking a quick look at my feet when playing the right music. With these speakers my legs even starrt bouncing around. I may not be an audiophile but I know what I like. LOL.

Tom

I never knew the gender of the Reference series until just now! LOL

Congrats on your new Klispch purchase and Welcome to the Madness.

Michael

Oh c'mon Michael....you never noticed the ports?? [:o]

Tom

take a look at synergy ports [:$]

oh man Amy might have to lock this post cause of another admin [;)]

but anyways I have them in stereo in my dorm room at college [:)]

I do note that it does need a sub to get to the lower ends..... but mids and up are fantastic!

BTW look at my avatar

You know, i admit the sub does make things sound better, but to be honest ,last night for the first 3 songs the Sub (PW2200) was turned off and I didn't realise right away, If you want to hear the full sound available from them , trying switching speakers to large and bass out to front on receiver, i do this for 2 channel...holy **** batman!..lol

Jay, is that a wing with RF83 on it? whats the connection?

I had the RF 83s set up in a great room in 5.1 with the RC64, RS62s and a revel b 15a sub. I still preferred to listen to cds in stereo direct mode. In that room I now have the thx ultra II speakers and the revel sub (this was necessary due to space concerns and having the 83 out in the floor). I have the 83s set up in a smallr room by themselves. The ultras sound great but I still prefer the 83s in direct for music. That's just me. I eventually plan to put the rest of the reference speakers back into action but I need to get another sub (and tv). When I do I will try all combinations but for now I am very, very happy to tap my feet to the big girls (how could I have ever thought they were guys) all by themselves. In short, you have my vote for making an excellent choice however you listem to them. Enjoy!

Tom

You know, i admit the sub does make things sound better, but to be honest ,last night for the first 3 songs the Sub (PW2200) was turned off and I didn't realise right away, If you want to hear the full sound available from them , trying switching speakers to large and bass out to front on receiver, i do this for 2 channel...holy **** batman!..lol

Jay, is that a wing with RF83 on it? whats the connection?

I have a two channel reciever.......

Also that is the rf-83 that was attached to the roof on my car!!! [:)] to get them home!

I never knew the gender of the Reference series until just now! LOL

Congrats on your new Klispch purchase and Welcome to the Madness.

Michael

Oh c'mon Michael....you never noticed the ports?? [:o]

Tom

I was kinda thinking that but didn't have the guts to say it... lol