Just became a Klipsch owner (RF-7's)

NetMagi

Crying due to the incredible sounds of music you love faithfully reproduced by your Klipsch speakers is a pretty frequent occurence around here.

You are not alone. Welcome to the madness!

Michael

I cry all the time.... I find my mp3 suck with the 83.............. I cry when i have to pay 16 dollars for a cd I like 2 songs on.........

Spill the beans...how much did you pay? There's no policy on here against discussing price paid for gear..especially when you got a great deal!

Well, I think I got a great deal anyway. . .

$1100 total (including tax) out the door.

I'm in the middle of hooking them up right now, so will post first thoughts real soon :P

That is a crazy deal. I would have gotten the rf-7 if I saw that price... Oh well I paid 1600 for new rf-83!

One last thing,when you open the 7's(if boxed),lay the box down,open bottom and fold back then stand up and pull box upward.

Yes, they're still factory sealed in their boxes. Thanks for the suggestion. I'll definetely do that.

Till you find out my dorm room ceiling was only 8 feet tall and the speakers are 48 inches and the boxes are 52 inches D'OH!!!!!

When i *FIRST* hooked them up, about 20 seconds into the *FIRST* song I listened to, the tweeter on the left channel completely cut out for about 15 seconds until i cranked up the volume and it suddenly sprung to life again. Both woofers were still crystal, but the tweeter was definetely "off".

Should i be concerned, or was this just the tweeter 'settling in' after a long journey in the boxes? :)

I'd make sure the speaker wires and jumpers in the back of the speaker are connected tightly. Also it wouldn't hurt to *very carefully* remove the horn and check that the internal wires aren't loose. I had a wire on the lower woofer come loose when I was driving my RF-7s home. The ends connecting the woofer (and tweeter I'd imagine) are not soldered on, only pressed on. I'm glad that the wire wasn't touching the other wire or bye-bye amp!

One last thing,when you open the 7's(if boxed),lay the box down,open bottom and fold back then stand up and pull box upward.

Yes, they're still factory sealed in their boxes. Thanks for the suggestion. I'll definetely do that.

Till you find out my dorm room ceiling was only 8 feet tall and the speakers are 48 inches and the boxes are 52 inches D'OH!!!!!

I opened mine in a room with 8ft ceilings,the box has lots of slack after raising box as far as it goes and sliding out the cardboard panels,just fyi,lol.

I cry all the time.... I find my mp3 suck with the 83.............. I cry when i have to pay 16 dollars for a cd I like 2 songs on.........

Funny that I've never had that problem once I quit buying off the mainstream. I love it that I can spend $10 on a CD and love all 13 tracks on it (as well as the CD itself being an excellent recording). How I love indie labels and power/progressive metal! [:D]

Net, welcome to the board. Now that you have the RF7s, and have fallen in love with them.........Give us the number to your checking account and the pin code and we will make you have an Org.... Er, better watch that, lets just say, you will be ever so thankfull[;)] It is too late to turn back now, give in to the Klipsch!

I know all too well how hobbies can suck cash unfortunately. In addition to becoming a hi-fi nut (I've always been a HUGE music fan already), I'm also into photography and R/C toys.

I need a better job to afford the hobbies!!

-Rich

That is a crazy deal. I would have gotten the rf-7 if I saw that price... Oh well I paid 1600 for new rf-83!

Yeh. . I really didn't wanna spend $1100 on speakers right now, but I couldn't pass it up. It seemed they were selling for 1500-2200 everywhere else.

I opened mine in a room with 8ft ceilings,the box has lots of slack after raising box as far as it goes and sliding out the cardboard panels,just fyi,lol.

I'll second that. . My ceilings are only about 7 1/2 feet in my attic (where I setup the speakers) and I managed to wiggle them over the top of the speakers too.