Gunna get this THEEAR???

Jay481985

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Looking at the specs,a single unit(TC Sounds ANADA)should outperform dual Klipsch THX subs with little problems.Dual stacked/side b side should rival any extravagant and costly box(non IB) desin on the market.

Now we need testing,and A/B comparos against the twin Klipsch THX/SVS dual TV12 Ultra/Velo DD18/Paradigm Servo Signature.

I am interested to see the SPL,linearity and above all COMPRESSION and THD relative to output.Nice to know a sub can best 120dB at 20Hz,now knowing it will do this with minimal compression and low THD is the icing on the cake.And lets see how linear they are across their operating freq. range and how linear they remain once they start to be pushed to thier limits(mechanical and/or thermal).

These are the most serious atempts so far,nobody else offer a sub with a driver so capable(at any price)!

with minimal Le/flux modulation distortion and considering the massive voice coil, i don't think that you'll be able to "hear comfortably" this unit, as a whole, when it reaches the level of compression. These driver are supposed to sport a sensitivity of around 90 dB, so they'll get quite loud.

I switched off the behringer eq on my 2x15 tc-3000 sealed, and was recording 125 dB @ 2 meters from the sub (30 Hz range)...and this is amp limited with 89/92 dB sensitivity...the LMS will have much more linear Vd and power handling...the 38mm given is linear, not 70% BL that is usually stated with normal VC designs...probably around 45mm i would guess for 70%...

As bad as the Ananda is, two opposite firing LMS 18" in a sealed 6.5 cubic feet with a first order rolloff will get to 10 Hz with ease, especially in smaller rooms...and the output may end up being a wash...this is what i'm modeling right now...and it's looking sweeter and sweeter the more i look at it...could probably be done for $3k...

Kramoskoi how did you know??? I am going to seriously do it soon, Twin LMS18 inch in a 8 cubic foot sealed and yes it can be done around that price. I think 140 db from 20-80 hertz? with room gain easy

In a dorm room [:P] Anything capable over 125dB is of no use in a home. 140dB is for talk and brag only,these levels are of no use at home,or in a dorm.

Yeah yeah I am gonna beat you people and buy a dozen of TC Sounds most capable 18 inchers and do a massive IB sub.Yeah,yeah yeah...LOL 160dB @ 10Hz...yeah yeah.DrWho will walk in and say "Yeah but the world record is around 180dB" so I will get mad and add more woofers.Just for the blind sake of adding.

Jay,my system I ALOT BIGGER than pretty much anyone on this forum.I must have the most THIS and THAT like a little kid.You buy two ..I'll buy four.You ahve ypur little receiver...I pit it against my massive power amps.Yeah

Just venting ...[:$]

Yeah ...I am on a mad rampage,buying any worthy sub I see. My life revolves around subs and the massive magnetic field they produce.I went insane because of them

High end is about bragging rights,yes it is unfortumate but you need to spend a minimum to get to that level(even with DIY) .

First I spend it all for myself,no to impress anyone.As most people could not care less about massive output in the abyss region.

For what is IS worth I will end up with two massive 15 or 18" equipped woofers from TC Sounds and that is all the output I will be able to endure at a small fraction of their max capability.

As it is in my tiny 12*14 with a 6ft celling a Sunfire Mark II has major output(@ sitting position)and the way it is set up will make you wonder and look for far larger and more capable subs.So ...two TC Sounds brutes will be for show only [;)]

You know,my pockets are deep,funds ready when I chose to. [:$]

I can shell 30K/year (USD) just on my audio habit.Without breaking a sweat. [:P]

If I were you I'd get rid of all the clutter you have laying around, save for a couple years then spend 100k+ on a dream theater (or listening room) and dump "subs" as a spending habit.

By the way...I can bench press 315lbs without breaking a sweat. Grow up a little.

Yeah, I agree. You guys should get rid of some of the clutter and simplify your life. It really can be an addiction. I know of a charity that will be glad to receive your surplus equipment and it will be tax deductible. Please send surplus equipment to:

Raider Foundation for the Infrasonically Challenged.

I'll also be glad to be your sponsor, when you come to grips with your situation :) .

I can shell 30K/year (USD) just on my audio habit.Without breaking a sweat. [:P]

If I were you I'd get rid of all the clutter you have laying around, save for a couple years then spend 100k+ on a dream theater (or listening room) and dump "subs" as a spending habit.

By the way...I can bench press 315lbs without breaking a sweat.  Grow up a little.

Yeah, yeah, but can you clean and jerk kramskoi's twin TC3000 sub? ;)

By the way...I can bench press 315lbs without breaking a sweat. Grow up a little.

Yeah, yeah, but can you clean and jerk kramskoi's twin TC3000 sub? ;)

Yes he can,using a forklift. LOL

BTW the bragging about benchpressing is funny,as the top dogs train with 500lbs(doing reps a dozen at a time).So [:P]

well he can do 350 can you?

No, 260lbs is what I can bench, fine for someone who weighs 194lbs and never saw a gym.How much one benches is without much meaning,its how much GREEN you make in a year that counts. [:D] Its all about the GREEN if you know what I mean.

PSSST Jay keep asking questions we both benefit from extending threads(ssssht adds to the post counter)