Wanted - Set-up help with Marantz/Klispch system in DFW area

sbryan

I have recently replaced the subwoofer in my home system and would like an experienced Marantz technician to review and adjust if necessary my SR9300 receiver settings to optimize this system. All equipment is operating and I have adjusted speaker levels using a sound meter and test CDs but I would like an "expert's" opinion to make certain I am getting the maximum from this system.

Bryan

brian what a match up marantz klipsch i have the sr-18 and rf-7s they sound great if you call marvins electronics they sell marantz and they used to sell klipsch they will come out to your house and totaly setup every thing for a price by the hour hope this helpes by the way tell me about your set up thanks

Hi sbryan,

I don't understand why you need a Marantz technician to optimize your system. [:^)] I was going to offer you an experienced hobbiest opinion, but after reading the dialog between you and Dragonfyr (gosh I miss that guy's posts) on the 2005 "SPL Meter" Thread I don't feel I would be technical enough to be beneficial. Good Luck.

BTW, it appears he has Reference 3 speakers (my guess RF-3's/RC-3/

RS-3's)

you don't need an "expert" to tweak your system IMO, sounds like you did the right thing. Adjust the levels using your spl through the 9300, I use a Marantz SR18EX with LaScala's and a rat shack spl(analog)...works out fine tweaking myself, and a friend or 2 with additional ears so to speak...

they bring the cold 1's.....[;)]

PS. I know guys that charge $75 an hour to do it, minimum 2-3 hrs service call.....what for, they're not laying cable....[:o]

And the saga continues. I was documenting all connections and settings in advance of the tech coming over Monday to "tweek" the system and I discovered I had no sound from the right surround speaker. After double checking all connections with no change, I by-passed the Audio Controls equalizer for that channel and it made no difference. I then swapped surround speakers and still no sound from the right surround channel. It looks like I'm going to have to have the receiver serviced before I can have anyone balance the system for me. i'm going to call Marantz next wek to see where I need to to take or send the receiver for service.