APC H-Type power conditioners, anyone use one?

RTTR

A buddy showed me the line of APC line conditioners yesterday that I had no clue even existed, they look pretty amazing. At first I thought they were a tad overpriced for a line conditioner but then realized they also have a automatic voltage regulator which from companies like Monster cost about 3x the price.

http://www.apc.com/products/family/index.cfm?id=307

The cheapest I could find the H15 was for $330 shipped from provantage.com

Anyway, I was almost going to buy a PureAV PF40 but decided to hold off, I wonder how this compares? One thing I really like is it's available in black to go with the rest of my components, the PureAV is only available in silver.

I use a 1500VA model for my computer equipment. It provides rock solid operation through all kinds of weather. This unit generates the output voltage versus only providing filter and surge protection, also has a battery backup. Model BX 1500, more geared for computer users.

The AV products look nice, anyone have any feedback on them???

There are a few different types of products, some discussed on this forum, but certainly you can google the below key words.

a. line conditioner

b. voltage regulor

c. isolation transformer

d. balanced power

Amoung each type, there are various approaches.

Most of the ones that cost 3X use a combination of the above approaches.

Word of caution on solid state UPS type of devices....most due not produce a true sine wave and as a result...dynamic range is effected.