Denon DVD-3300

oogins

I'm very interested in this DVD player mainly for its DVD-A decoding. However I can't find any info on the bass management for DVD-A.

So I'm wondering if anyone here owns one or has some knowledge about it.

Does it have any bass management for DVD-A? The DVD-3300 is a first generation DVD-A player, so I think I already know the answer but I just need to be sure.

This message has been edited by oogins on 11-21-2001 at 11:53 AM

http://www.denon.com/catalog/products.asp?l=1&c=4

oogins,I have the player in question.I bought it from U-Bid simply for its ability to play DVD's and CD's and I am very happy with it.The DVD-A was a bonus. Price would be my paramount concern if I was buying now as prices have dropped dramatically.The DVD-Audio sound gives you a good idea of the direction of audio in the future.

What specifically do you want to know about the bass management?

Keith

Oogins,

I'm going to presume that you're asking about bass management as it relates to music and the multi-channel outputs. This seems to be the biggest omission in the DVD-Audio players, and this is what most of the articles have been about.

I've also got a 3300. While I'm quite happy with it, it does not (according to what I've read) have bass management for DVD-Audio music. It *does* have a bass management/speaker setup menu (which just gets your hopes up...), but I've read that this only works with Dolby Digital or DTS signals and NOT with DVD-Audio.

I believe that to get the bass management you want, you're going to have to buy Outlaw's ICBM .

Ross

------------------

My System's Stuff