What's a good price?

tom b. 57

What is a good price to pay for a pair of one owner,reportedly excellent condition all around, Fortes. The asking price is $495.00. I have been trying to widdle away at them but they are standing firm. I see them go on ebay for 400 and up. I am thinking about purchase with possible resale in mind, although I have trouble parting with my speakers at times. There is a possibility of keeping these and getting rid of my KG5.5's, but I have become attached to those as well. It will hinge on performance. Give me some feedback if you could, guys. I value your input. Most of you are much more knowledgeable than me when it comes to these matters. All I know is I like damn near every Klipsch speaker I ever heard.

Tom

• Moderators

If they are in good shape that is a fair price to me.

I bought 3 pair and paid 425,450 and 300 but they had a couple dings nothing bad at all . I never heard the KG5.5's but I think you will like the Forte's, Like Michael says it's a set collect them all.

And I was very very lucky and much help from forum members, Michael C and Fastlane.

If I would have paid $500 a pair it still would have been a steal to me they sound great.

Let's see $500 for something you will probably never get rid of, and if you do probably get all your money back and can enjoy every day, sounds pretty cheap if you think about it like that.