Hi Guys, Long time no talk

shane_0_mac

Hi Guys.

It has been a while since I have been here, but I still see some of the old names around :)

I just signed a contract on a new house that has a dedicated Theater room. I am going to put my own system in it though, he had Bouston Accoustic seakers :( but the room is nice. I has always been a huge fan of the Pro Ultra II THX system and am leaning towards that. But I am still going to demo the new Reference stuff as well. I think I am going to go with Parasound amp.

What would you guys recomend for a Projector? I am wanting to stay in the 3 to 5K range for a projector.

I look forward to chatting with everyone again, and look forward to your opinions here.

Well I am torn between The new reference line or the Pro Ultra II

I am going to demo both setups again. The Reference series is a little cheaper, but the Pro Ultra II is going to be hard to beat.

I think I will go with Pro Ultra II for the Theater room but will do one more demo to be safe.

I may be looking to sell my Ref 35 series. It consists of

RF-35, RC-35 and RS-35. I have the RW-12 Sub. They were all purchased from Authorized dealer (Stereo One). If someone is seriously interested in this system send me a PM. It would be Mid December before I am ready to get rid of this system as I am not closing on new house until December 15. I would only sell this to someone who could pick it up themselves as I do not want to ship it. I am in Ozark, MO (Springfield suburb)

I might consider selling the speakers individually but would be prefer to sell this as a set. They are in real good shape.

Just to throw another kink in the chain...what about going with heritage? [;)]

In my opinion, the Ultra2 lineup is better than the Reference lineup, unless you plan on doing a ton more music listening. You might also consider a pair of the RT-12d subs over the Ultra2 setup. It's got ARC and PR's instead of ports.

I myself would not go with a Heritage HT, I know this will get the natives restless lol. I love reference and the Ultra II's, I may just flip a coin, making these decisions are always a pain in the rear. I still have to do some measuring in the room so some of the decision may come down what system I can place the best.