chorus II or klf 30

jks20

Well I think I'm going to end up keeping my klf20, but I'm going to buy either the klf30 or the chorus II.I have heard the 30 and they sound better than my 20's.

I have not heard the choruses though, but have read a lot of positives on them. I can pick up a pair of mint choruses for 500 dollars. Has anyone compared the 30's

to the choruses. I brought the rf7 home and could not see how it was worth spending 1700 dollars on them so I returned them. Don't get me wrong they sounded good, but I like the 20's.I just would like a speaker with a little more in the lower octaves.

I also did the same comparison's with the legends, chorus II's and the RF-7 ... the chorus II's wins all around honors. in fact i now have 2 pairs of them .. but paid $600 and $700 and both are in mint condition. if you can pick them up for $500 then you are a lucky guy - but you better hurry or someone here will find that person. Let's see ... you're from Indiana ... what town are you in?. Just kidding - but really, take the chorus II's.

I was in the same situation a while back while I was looking to purchase another pair of Epic sepakers. I have the CF-2's and was looking for a pair of CF-4's to use as mains and move the 2's to the rear. Because of their scarcity, I could not find a pair of CF-4's for less than a grand, anywhere in the country. At about that time, I noticed a local ad for a pair of Finished Black Chorus I's, and eventually ended up buying them for $600. They sounded so much better than my CF-2's ($1500 new in '96), so they quickly became my mains and the Epics were moved to the rear. About 2 months later, I spotted a pair of Chorus II's locally, this time in Oiled Oak and ended up picking them up for $500. I promptly sold my CF-2's to my sister for the same price and couldn't be happier. Smile.gif The II's are now my mains and the I's are occupying the rear.

If you haven't heard the Chorus's yet, I think you will be pleasantly surprised. This is a speaker that can fill up a big room and not get tiring at loud volumes. I also was thinking of the Legends and the new References (RF-7's) but am glad I ended up with what I have. Go ahead and give them a listen... you'll thank me for it later.

Mike

------------------

My Music Systems