Surge Protector??

love_hertz

I had gotten a great deal on a Monster Signature Series Pro Power 7000 Power Source probably around 70% off retail on ebay.

http://www.monstercable.com/power/productPagePower.asp?pin=2459&LastPage=Signature%20Power

It not only protects for surges but it also has 5 stages of power cleaning circuitry.

I don't want to get in to a heated debate about power conditioners, but I honestly can see and hear a difference in my system. This has eliminated the lower cable channels shadow effect and the faint hum in my speakers when they are powered and not playing any sounds.

erickoegle is not online. Last active: 10-21-2006, 1:04 PMerickoegle

The HTPS also has 2 "balanced power" isolation transformers in them.

This serves to both isolate the asociated 3 outlets from the rest of your home as well as converting the power from 120-0-0 to 60-0-60. This results in noise being cancelled, rather than only filtered, for these three particular outlets. The claims for the reduced noise floor is anywhere from 10db to 18db. This has the effect of the perception of greater dynamic range.

While the current rating of the 2 transformers is only 2 amps continuous each, for most audio sources, thats enough.

The use of "balanced power" in home audio is new, but has been an idustry standard in the recording industry for years.

There are a few DIY projects on the internet for 8 amp and above "balanced power" isolation black boxes which would allow a modest home threater system to be totally on balanced power.

I'm currently working on a 16 amp version of a DIY balanced power balck box to put my entire HT setup on "balanced power".