Initial impressions of the SVS PC-Plus 16-46

wuzzzer

The RF-7s are very large. I had to borrow my brother in-law's 4Runner when I picked them up since they wouldn't fit in either of my sedans.

Wuzzzer is actually my brother's old nickname. One time he was playing football with some friends in the snow and he got hit hard and wanted to quit playing so someone wrote "wuss" in the snow but instead it looked like "wuzz" so people started calling him 'wuzzer.' Later on when we signed on AOL we lived in the same house so we just decided to have one account and use his nickname. Wuzzer with 2 z's was taken so we tried Wuzzzer with 3 z's and it was available. He then got his own AOL account and I just kept mine wuzzzer. From then on I just used wuzzzer for any forum or email address. His nickname became mine pretty much. [:)]

i transport both fr-83 which are taller and deeper in a subcompact? how are you moving them that they cannot fit?

I bought them from someone who didn't have the original boxes and I didn't want to have to stack each speaker on top of each other in the back seat of either of our cars. They would have fit, but I was worried about damaging them by stacking them and I wanted to make sure I could get both home with one trip.

wuzzzer,

Good to know you got rid of the Deaf tech. They get glaring reviews in some mags and you would come to a conclusion these have it all in spades.As you pointed Deaf tech. marketing and money has a good lot to do with the 99% scores these Deaf tech get.

Right now I want to poke Deaf tech until they bleed.

I bought them from someone who didn't have the original boxes and I didn't want to have to stack each speaker on top of each other in the back seat of either of our cars. They would have fit, but I was worried about damaging them by stacking them and I wanted to make sure I could get both home with one trip.

with boxes the rf-83 will not fit because its about 6 more inches or 3 inches each side of foam. I put them sideways with alot of dense fabric (3 inch thick blankets

Yeah yeah Jayb we know the RF83's are BIGGGGGER than the RF7's. [:P] But the RF7's have more punch. [:)] (as compared side by side using a Bryston 4B ) [:D]

Not to hijack this thread(as some like to say),RF83...yeah I may get a pair ...

My RF-7's don't have, ummm, speaker envy. Of course I have not told them about Khorns yet.

Well K-Horns yes it is a true step up from RF7's,RF83 nah I have my Dynaudio Contour S5.4's these are a major step up from RF83's. [:P] MAJOR in all directions

Next stop something esoteric and grand,like ...Kharma or Rockport no more boxy boxes and drivers under a grand a piece.