DVD Tests and Chroma Bug

JohnA

I'm considering a new DVD player to replace my Sony DVP-S3000. It's not old but will not pass DTS on DVDs. It sounds great on Cds and I don't want to give that up, either. There was a thread on this BBS about DVD players, but I can't find it.

Where can I find DVD player tests to help with my evaluation and what is the Chroma Bug?

John

from reading this web site there seems to be nothing you can do about it right? I have one on the "list"

------------------

My HTS:

MAINS: RF-3's

CENTER: KSC-C1(LOOKING FOR A RC-3 OR RC-3II)

REAR: SS-1's

SUB: KSW-12

TV: TOSHIBA THEATER VIEW 50"

RECEIVER:KENWOOD VR-4080B

DVD: SONY S-360 DVD PLAYER

monster cable interconnects/12 gauge speaker wire

K-Daddy,

You're right. It's a "flaw" in the chip. Before you run out and buy a new player, I'd suggest you obtain a copy of the DVD they use to test (I think it was Toy Story), and see if you find it particularly offensive or even noticeable.

Keep in mind two things, first, the reviewers admitted to being particularly sensitive to the "chroma bug", second, DVD is still a relatively "infant" technology with evolving standards in both hardware and software. With greater market penetration of HD and Digital TV and more movies are shot on digital video, the lowest common denominator shall rise. Meanwhile we "pioneers" must endure glitches and bugs.

Peace

• 4 weeks later...