Accidental acceptably perfect system?

pauln

Just listened to the record I use to test my system - which can only mean one thing... something new or changed to detect. In this case it is a minty perfect old style B&O MMC6000 cartridge fresh from ebay, now added to my collection. Paid $150 for a beautiful perfect unit (NOS and remanufactured $800).

While playing it to confirm that it was just perfect I had a thought...

How many out there think that they have reached the end of their search for an acceptably perfect system? How many think they got there accidently (I think I did).

The B&O, Wright preamp and SETs, and last model LS with the AL-4 networks just seems to be working out perfectly for what I enjoy in music. I feel so lucky I found this combination without spending years searching and evaluating - it just sort of fell together and pleases me no end. Well, enough about me - I have records to spin!

Has this happened to you, too? What combination did that for you?

Pauln

Probably my "perfect" system was a Khorn system, which I no longer have together. But it sure did sound good.

It was 73 Khorns, Merlin pre, Mark III monoblocks, Ah! CDP.

I did go through a lot of gear finding out what I really liked, but that system was a real synergistic home run. Sweet Sweet Sweet.

Took me (10) years to piece mine together, but the equipment I wanted (and still want) aren't within my wherewithal (financially speaking). Thank goodness for hi-end stereo shops.

Trade this, buy that.....and haven't upgraded a single home unit piece in 20 years(except for the POS CD player, which has now began to go up)

Seems car audio has gotten into my wallet instead (lol). Now when I approach the SQ level there, then it'll be time to upgrade the home system. At the moment, close on tonality, but NOT the imaging. Yes, I would consider myself fortunate and satisfied w/my system's performance.

Is there such a thing as a perfect system?....I thought we can always invest 5k for another 1% improvement....LOL...At 1 point in time ,I had a perfect system,but due to some upgrades,I went into the wrong direction,but I think I am almost there now..