Horror films to stay away from!

damonrpayne

High (Haute) Tension: Its not a well known fact that the French do horror quite well. This film was four-star material up to the last 15 minutes when a plot twist ruins its greatness. Avoid!

Monsturd: Yes, that is the word "monster" combined with the word "turd". Usually I can appreciate a ridiculous campy film, but this was so bad I could barely make it through.

House of 1000 corpses: It took Rob Zombie something like 7 years to get this film made, and yet it still sucks. I could barely finish watching this film, it was so bad, and that is saying something as I am a lifelong horror fan and have sat through many worthless films. It wasn't that the production quality was bad, it was just a bad freakin movie. I hear the sequel was much better.

The Bare Wench Project: Not even the bare wenches promised by the title make this film worth sitting through. I'll never get that hour (I couldn't finish it) of my life back.

I watched Zombie's "House" a couple of times. Has some funny lines in a campy sort of way, a nice blonde with a crazy laugh, but no happy ending. I thought the extras on the dvd were a hoot, especially the "Tiny ****** a stump" routine.

NP - Waysted - The Good The Bad The Waysted

..........filler..............

Ha.. Even "The Ring" as an adult freaked me out... The graphic imagry was a little creapy for me. And then when that gal came out of the TV in the end of the movie? Hmmm. yeah, that was not what I needed to see.

My theater is not in our house. It's in what used to be an old 3 bay tractor garage. It gets very dark out there at night, it has a tin roof and it sits under fir trees that when the wind blows pine cones drop onto that tin roof. So, I walk into the theater at night sometimes and recall that scene in The Ring where that gal came out, I look at my huge 8' screen and the image just gives me a bad case of the ebee gebees. I end up with a little hurry up in my step as I close the door and leave.

The Exorcist when you are only 10 years old... That movie took me months and months to get over when I was a kid. [+o(]

The 1953 version of War of the Worlds. The one with Gene Barry. Saw it on TV when I was about 6 (probably 1965). Scared the bejeezus out of me.

- Jim

post-17373-13819314201814_thumb.jpg