Should I Replace my RW-8?

mel22b

Hey all. I am new to the board but have had my Klipsch system for about a year now.

I have a small room that is about 10x15 and I am thinking of replacing my RW-8 sub. Would i notice a big difference in going with a $1,000 sub? I dont need a ton of base since I am in an apartment it just seems my current sub cant fill the higher end base gap to my RB-10 speakers. I have moved up the crossover and had to turn the sub to full and my receiver to +5 subwoofer. Never mind the low end base that I am sure I am missing considering the specs on the RW-8.

Anyway, I am rambling on....

I guess I am wondering if its worth replaceing the sub.

Thanks in advance,

Stephen

After my post I was thinking maybe I should plug in my setup mic and run auto setup again. Its been sometime since I have done so and I have manually adjusted pretty much everything anyway. (Receiver: Onkyo 602)

The first run was with the sub itself at full volume and It came back with a +9 for the subwoofer.

I turned the sub to half volume and ran it again and it came back with no subwoofer was connected. At that volume the mic didn't pic up the sub.

Looks like either my mic is wrong or my sub is a little small (or its amp is).

If you're willing to spend up to $1000 on a sub it will probably overpower your RB-10 speakers. Obviously the sub has a level control that will let you adjust its output in relation to your main speakers, but I think spending that much money on a sub might be overdoing it.

If you want to spend half the amount, get a Sub-12 Klipsch Synergy sub from Best Buy and you'll be listing your RW-8 on ebay in no time!

You keep saying that your room isn't big, but you're not gonna live there forever. I would say get the RW10. Then if you move, and your room is bigger, you will still be allright with that sub. Good luck.

The RW10 was NEVER one of his considerations and would not really represent much of a step up from the RW8.