Digital to Analog Converters

christjared

I just purchased a new Harman Kardon HK 3480! Now im just going to wait for it to come in the mail. After looking at HK's on ebay i noticed a product from HK called the EZ Link DAL 150. Would this be an effective product considering about the only source i use for music is my laptop? Would the EX Link hook directly up to the 3480? It says this product will convert many MP3 files for audio use on many recievers. How many of you out there use D/A Converters? Has anyone used this product and does it really help that much?

Thanks A Whole Lot!!!!

JC

it looks like something worth trying. theres one on ebay at .01 cents, with 2 hrs to go til auction end.

The PC based mp3 solutions, in general, do not have the dynamic range of alternative hardware based solutions. But they are certainly better than connecting your ipod or mp3 player via a conversion cable inot one of you line inputs.

I eventually found a media server that has excellent spec's as well as being fully remote controllable.

That's actually not a D/A converter. It just converts mp3 to another digital format. Pretty neat device, though. If it sounds decent it'd be worth the list price, even. If I had a laptop, I'd have one plugged into the spdif on my old Marantz CDR.

Looks like it'll even pass MP3 in it's native format, to be decoded by your receiver, if it supports it. Since my Marantz receiver supports this, I think I may grab one as well. It sure beats running ANALog out of my old Sound Blaster Live, which I have never been happy with.

-Jon